Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@happycat wrote:

My daughter told me this week about her friends dad. He is around 60, is good health and is retired. In my state they are vaccinating the 70 and up people and the ones in health care.

Well, her friends dad has a friend who is a pharmacist. This pharmacist have his the vaccination this past Monday. Meanwhile, my elderly parents, many elderly people are waiting. My folks just got an appointment today and I am grateful. The their first shots will be in two weeks. 

I told a lady who works at walgreens this tale, and she told me to call the arkansas pharmacists association. I tried today, didn't get thru. I will try again on Monday. I don't know if there is anything that can be done, but my faith in a lot of folks is really going down. 

I can't help but wonder if there isn't a lot of that going on and thats why those of us who don't have connections aren't having any luck for our elderly loved ones. How can there be millions of doses missing? Did they just evaporate into thin air? 

@happycat   Wouldn't the pharmacist count as a healthcare worker.  They do, after all, encounter as many or more patients than the doctors and in some case, nurses.  I stand in a long line at my pharmacy and I know my pharmacist has been exposed . I don't begrudge either pharmacist a vaccination.  They are giving shots at my pharmacy and they have to be right in my face to do that.  Stay calm and carry on.

The way I read it, the pharmacist, who was a friend of the man who wasn't qualified (from what anyone knows) for the shot, gave the man the shot. That's why it was advised to contact the state pharmacists' association, to report the pharmacist.

This vaccine fiasco is tailor-made for bribes, from the dispensers to the people who've secured coveted appointments.

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@happycat wrote:

My daughter told me this week about her friends dad. He is around 60, is good health and is retired. In my state they are vaccinating the 70 and up people and the ones in health care.

Well, her friends dad has a friend who is a pharmacist. This pharmacist have his the vaccination this past Monday. Meanwhile, my elderly parents, many elderly people are waiting. My folks just got an appointment today and I am grateful. The their first shots will be in two weeks. 

I told a lady who works at walgreens this tale, and she told me to call the arkansas pharmacists association. I tried today, didn't get thru. I will try again on Monday. I don't know if there is anything that can be done, but my faith in a lot of folks is really going down. 

I can't help but wonder if there isn't a lot of that going on and thats why those of us who don't have connections aren't having any luck for our elderly loved ones. How can there be millions of doses missing? Did they just evaporate into thin air? 

@happycat   Wouldn't the pharmacist count as a healthcare worker.  They do, after all, encounter as many or more patients than the doctors and in some case, nurses.  I stand in a long line at my pharmacy and I know my pharmacist has been exposed . I don't begrudge either pharmacist a vaccination.  They are giving shots at my pharmacy and they have to be right in my face to do that.  Stay calm and carry on.

The way I read it, the pharmacist, who was a friend of the man who wasn't qualified (from what anyone knows) for the shot, gave the man the shot. That's why it was advised to contact the state pharmacists' association, to report the pharmacist.

This vaccine fiasco is tailor-made for bribes, from the dispensers to the people who've secured coveted appointments.

From the anecdotes we're hearing about, it seem to be  more a matter favortism then bribery.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@happycat wrote:

Of course, @Nonametoday. The pharmacist isn't who I was talking about getting the shot. The pharmacist gave my daughters friends FATHER, who is close to 60, and retired (so not a health care worker, does not work at the pharmacy) the shot. I think all pharmacy workers, all health care workers should be getting the shot. 

They are not in my state though, because there aren't enough vaccines to go around. Not even all the nursing home residents in Arkansas have gotten the vaccine either. We haven't lost as many as the larger states, but I personally have heard of several local nursing home residents contracting covid. Some unfortunately didn't make it, others did. 

I agree with you, I think all pharmacists should get it, I think all pharmacy personel should get it too. The man I was speaking of is just not either of those things. 

Honored Contributor

@happycat wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@happycat wrote:

Of course, @Nonametoday. The pharmacist isn't who I was talking about getting the shot. The pharmacist gave my daughters friends FATHER, who is close to 60, and retired (so not a health care worker, does not work at the pharmacy) the shot. I think all pharmacy workers, all health care workers should be getting the shot. 

They are not in my state though, because there aren't enough vaccines to go around. Not even all the nursing home residents in Arkansas have gotten the vaccine either. We haven't lost as many as the larger states, but I personally have heard of several local nursing home residents contracting covid. Some unfortunately didn't make it, others did. 

I agree with you, I think all pharmacists should get it, I think all pharmacy personel should get it too. The man I was speaking of is just not either of those things. 

@happycat 

Thank you.  Sorry I misunderstood.  Some days it's like that.  Mouth works ahead of brain. I apologize.  thank you for your kind remarks.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

From the anecdotes we're hearing about, it seem to be  more a matter favortism then bribery.

Agreed, but I mention money because I just read some scuttlebutt-grade stuff about "seniors" selling their appointment slots. Who knows if it's true. So glad I don't want "the jab."

Respected Contributor

@happycat wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@happycat wrote:

Your daughter told you that a friend of hers told her that her father was wrongly given a Covid vaccination by his pharmacist friend on the sly? I can understand being angry about it if it's true. However, it's what, second or third-hand talk? An authority very likely couldn't or wouldn't pursue that accusation since it is basically hearsay. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, there are stories about hospitals and medical practices letting wealthy people or those with connections skip to the front of the line.  Let's get real here, wealthy and connected people get preferential treatment for most things.  It's the American way.  

It's also possible that you have the details entirely wrong.  There are glitches in the scheduling systems in my state.  We are finding out that even though people were supposedly not allowed to sign up for Feb appointments for over 75 year olds and those with medical conditions until Jan 29, some of the medical practices were allowing appointments to be made early.  So those who tried on 1/29 found that all the appointments were taken with that medical practice.  And then it got worse.  Upon hearing about the computer glitch, some canceled those appointments even though the people did nothing wrong.  It's sad, maddening, unfortunate that the process is such a mess.  It will get better in the weeks ahead when there is more vaccine available.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@happycat wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@happycat wrote:

@happycat 

Thank you.  Sorry I misunderstood.  Some days it's like that.  Mouth works ahead of brain. I apologize.  thank you for your kind remarks.

No problem @Nonametoday. My brain doesn't want to work at all most days, lol. 

I'm sorry too, I am just extremely frustrated with everything to do with covid vaccine & living in quarantine. I know I should just keep my mouth shut and be thankful for anyone who is blessed enough to get the vaccine.

Frequent Contributor
What makes my blood boil is that this man felt that he was more entitled to the vaccine. I know first hand that he doesn't have health issues.
His primary motivation is so that he feels safer traveling back and forth to his second home in the Caribbean.
So, yes I'm salty about it!
Honored Contributor

A few minutes ago there was a local news story about a young guy who is being harrassed on FB because posted that he and his wife and his father were lucky enough to get the Covid vaccine.  People really need to calm down and stop making accusations when they don't know the whole story.  In this guy's case, they got the vaccine because one of the hospitals that was vaccinating employees was done for the day and had doses left over.  The vaccine cannot be returned to the freezer, they either use or toss it in the trash so the nurses who were giving the injections started calling friends who could get there in an hour.  They didn't want to just waste those unused doses.  My guess is that situation is common for those centers that are giving hundreds of injections a day.  There are going to be leftover doses at the end of the day.  Apparently, some people line up outside of them late in the day, hoping that they'll be lucky enough to score one of those unused injections.