Honored Contributor

My mom finally let me schedule her shot for her and I did it! She's in another state, but it still worked! And my dad got himself scheduled as well.

Such a load off my shoulders. I'm so lucky to still have both my parents and I refuse to lose them to this stupid virus if possible.

In fact, all the most vulnerable in my extended family are either vaccinated or scheduled for their shots! I feel victorious on their behalf, even though I didn't do much. I'm just so glad we've all gotten through this alive so far.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain 

I regret to hear that your experience was not a positive one.

My experience was very different - orderly, well planned, compliant with infection control practices, manned totally by unpaid volunteers.

Your Governor and State Health Department are in charge of the

in-state distribution, vaccination, and record keeping.  I hope you reported your experience to them, and that you are able to receive your vaccine soon.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

My vaccine was suppose to be yesterday and I ended up walking out.  You did schedule an appt. and when I got there were a couple hundred people all seniors.  NO social distancing was enforced.  The only thing enforced was a mask.  A very, very long line to get the vaccine.  I could not deal with the zoo.  I would have ended up with COVID staying there.  I will be calling my insurance co. as to where I can get the vaccine.  The hospital should be ashamed as to the set up for the vaccine for seniors.  It was at one of the hospital's health clubs.

@Katcat1 My feelings too because a friend of ours who had been sheltering at home for nearly a year and then went to a similar venue for his first shot became covid-19 positive a week later.  He is beyond livid.  

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@occasionalrain 

I regret to hear that your experience was not a positive one.

My experience was very different - orderly, well planned, compliant with infection control practices, manned totally by unpaid volunteers.

Your Governor and State Health Department are in charge of the

in-state distribution, vaccination, and record keeping.  I hope you reported your experience to them, and that you are able to receive your vaccine soon.

@Drytheshe apparently didn't have an "experience" at all.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

This whole vaccine distribution program has been a disgusting fiasco.  You'd think with all the experience we've had with disasters, we could have done much better.

Hmm...I wonder who people will place the blame on now?

Don't even try, @Ladybug724 

It's a fair question, just sayinSmiley Wink

@Ladybug724, actually it's both baiting and political.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor
@occasionalrain wrote:

No, not a chance. The poor organization and disrespectful treatment of people, to herd them like cattle rounded up waiting to be branded is shameful.

@occasionalrain 

These are citizens of your state, primarily volunteers, working in hard, stressful situations, where they too are exposed.

I hope you report this to your Govenor,  and State Health Department.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

This whole vaccine distribution program has been a disgusting fiasco.  You'd think with all the experience we've had with disasters, we could have done much better.

Hmm...I wonder who people will place the blame on now?

Don't even try, @Ladybug724 

It's a fair question, just sayinSmiley Wink

@Ladybug724, actually it's both baiting and political.

Assuming that you were asking a fair question, here is a fair answer: The stated goal of 100 million shots in 100 days has been exceeded by almost half again as many. @Ladybug724. Not too shabby even if it's been difficult.

Did anyone actually that such unprecedented enterprise would be easy?

Honored Contributor

@agb80    That is so sad that your friend ended up with COVID.  There should never be body upon body like your at a rock concert.  I may contact the hospital and complain.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

My feelings too because a friend of ours who had been sheltering at home for nearly a year and then went to a similar venue for his first shot became covid-19 positive a week later.  He is beyond livid.  

@agb80 

Do you Know that your friend did not already have COVID before he got to the venue?  

There are Many definitions of 'sheltering in place."

Esteemed Contributor

@happycat,I shudder to think that people are getting turned in to various authorities without any proof. So, in this case, a friend's dad has a friend who is a pharmacist who supposedly gave himself a vaccination and he's around 60. And this story was passed on to a Walgreen's clerk who suggested the state's pharmacist association should be notified. Am I reading this right?

I sure hope this is not what we've come to with these vaccinations. SMH.