Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 

No, not a chance. The poor organization and disrespectful treatment of people, to herd them like cattle rounded up waiting to be branded is shameful.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@suzyQ3 

No, not a chance. The poor organization and disrespectful treatment of people, to herd them like cattle rounded up waiting to be branded is shameful.

That's what I thought. @occasionalrain 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

There are people available who are not vaccinating; those who are checking people in and scheduling the second shot appointments. They use computers; it should be easy to keep a count. If they can't accomplish that then I have no confidence that the vaccine is being properly handled.

@occasionalrain, have you been to one of the super sites?

Reading about these super sites and people's experiences makes me feel sort of guilty because my experience was so easy.  Our governor decided to go with distribution through pharmacies throughout the state, along with some clinics and some major hospital systems.  No registration through counties, just register directly with the pharmacy or clinic.  For the first week or so that we were eligible I tried occasionally to get our names on any list but was unsuccessful.  Then I reached a nearby independent pharmacy that put my name on their list.  About a week later the owner/pharmacist called to schedule our appointments.  I drove 5 minutes away, parked outside, and was the only one there at 9:15am.  The pharmacist gave me my shot, I waited 15-20 minutes in the store and drove home with a card listing my 2nd appointment.  That was in January and Louisiana is only now talking mass vaccinations, since the vaccine supply is increasing.  I'm so grateful that I was able to avoid that.  Now I'm hoping that there will be no problems with supply when we need our second shots on the 24th. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@suzyQ3 

Really?  

Did you go with someone and witness first hand the way the site was being run?

The organization and respectful treatment of each person there was impressive.  No one was disrespected or herded.....

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

There will always be cheaters.  That said, this vaccine implementation has been impressive and monumental for how many people have been and will finish being vaccinated considering the confused start and bumps along the way.  

Eventually, those who want the vaccine will get it.  In the meantime, a lot of grousing is going to happen because this was an absolutely imperfect undertaking.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Vaccine Line Jumpers

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

This whole vaccine distribution program has been a disgusting fiasco.  You'd think with all the experience we've had with disasters, we could have done much better.

Hmm...I wonder who people will place the blame on now?

Honored Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

This whole vaccine distribution program has been a disgusting fiasco.  You'd think with all the experience we've had with disasters, we could have done much better.

Don't even try, @Ladybug724 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Don't even try, @Ladybug724 

It's a fair question, just sayinSmiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter 

I don't need to go there, no one does, to see the long lines outside in inclement weather that are shown on the news day after day. No one needs to go there to read the reports from people who waited hours, some waited five hours. People who are over 70, people in poor health, waiting and waiting.

This isn't happening everywhere, some are well organized, people waiting minutes, not hours. If they can manage it, others can too.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

@suzyQ3 

Really?  

Did you go with someone and witness first hand the way the site was being run?

The organization and respectful treatment of each person there was impressive.  No one was disrespected or herded.....

@CelticCrafter 

have to say that everyone from my immediate family who has received that vaccine has had it done easily and efficiently. from 25 - 80 years old. a couple are waiting for their second doses next week.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein