Honored Contributor

Re: Vaccination Letter from Pediatrician's Office

On 6/4/2014 terrier3 said:

This has nothing to do with government.

It is people disbelieving basic science - to the point where they put their children, themselves and others at risk.

That's not necessarily true, the people that I know that refuse the vaccinations are not allowed to enroll their children in school in our state, without a major battle.

Honored Contributor

On 6/4/2014 SydneyH said:

My vet also insists that animals be up to date on their shots to get treatment too.

We seem to be facing an epidemic of anti-science....people denying climate change, people refusing to vaccinate their kids...people claiming fluoride in the water is a plot to kill us...etc.

Good for the pediatrician.

Question - when my son was in school, both public elementary and Catholic HS, he couldn't attend classes in the fall w/o a physical from his pediatrician and w/o having his shots up to date. What happened to those rules???? Does anyone know?

When did people get so backward?????

I don't think 'backward' is the right word. We now know that the government lies to us on an epic scale, when that happens even the supposed 'truth' is perceived differently.

It is people disbelieving basic science - to the point where they put their children, themselves and others at risk.

It would have to be not believing what was taught in junior high health class or high school biology, basic info about the flu on TV or in the news.

That's a heck of a lot of denial taking place.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

On 6/4/2014 missyw1 said:
On 6/4/2014 NoelSeven said:

My vet also insists that animals be up to date on their shots to get treatment too.

We seem to be facing an epidemic of anti-science....people denying climate change, people refusing to vaccinate their kids...people claiming fluoride in the water is a plot to kill us...etc.

Question - when my son was in school, both public elementary and Catholic HS, he couldn't attend classes in the fall w/o a physical from his pediatrician and w/o having his shots up to date. What happened to those rules???? Does anyone know?

I don't think 'backward' is the right word. We now know that the government lies to us on an epic scale, when that happens even the supposed 'truth' is perceived differently.

This isn't the government, this is medical health people, doctors, scientists.

I agree with terrier, it is backward when someone doesn't know or understand something as basic as how disease spreads.

We really don't know what's in those shots.

Yes, we do. It's been listed online and others have brought that info here.

How do you know what's in your food? Or in the air? That's what we should worry about.

Honored Contributor

That's not necessarily true, the people that I know that refuse the vaccinations are not allowed to enroll their children in school in our state, without a major battle.

Yes, it's true. The people you know are allowed to take their children to the park or shopping or on the bus. All places they can infect others.

Trusted Contributor

I agree with terrier, it is backward when someone doesn't know or understand something as basic as how disease spreads.

Actually, we do know what's in those shots and we do know they've prevented the spread of disease for decades.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

Yes, it's true. The people you know are allowed to take their children to the park or shopping or on the bus. All places they can infect others.

I was referring to school enrollment, not house arrest......

Super Contributor

Right..... It's Government mind control....
Honored Contributor

On 6/4/2014 adelle38 said:

Actually, we do know what's in those shots and we do know they've prevented the spread of disease for decades.

Like you know what the scientific ingredients really mean.
Trusted Contributor

On 6/4/2014 stilltamn8r said:

Right..... It's Government mind control....

Wouldn't that require having a mind to control?

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

Thank you terrier3 and I've been following this thread all day and I SMH at how some feel this is a government imposing rules on us, when its a health issue that affects ALL OF US!

Vaccinate your children/grandchildren for the sake of protecting those with fragile immune systems-- the elderly and infants under the age of 1. We should thank our lucky stars that these vaccines are available because getting the actual disease could kill you or maim you in some way for the rest of your life.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼