Respected Contributor

Vaccination Letter from Pediatrician's Office

We just got a letter from our pediatrician's office informing us that everyone had one year to get their kids caught up on vaccinations or they would be asked to leave. I applaud them for taking action considering the recent outbreaks in the area.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Super Contributor

Re: Vaccination Letter from Pediatrician's Office

I think that is a good idea for the doctors to do this.

When my GD's started K and 2nd grade here in AZ, they were required to have vaccinations or they couldn't get enrolled. We found the 2nd graders vaccination forms from her school in CA, so she could use that, but the younger girl had no record, and she got all her shots in one day.

Don't know why parents refuse to get their children vaccinated.

Respected Contributor

On 6/4/2014 MaggieToo said:

When my GD's started K and 2nd grade here in AZ, they were required to have vaccinations or they couldn't get enrolled. We found the 2nd graders vaccination forms from her school in CA, so she could use that, but the younger girl had no record, and she got all her shots in one day.

Because many believe they cause autism. It's been proven time and time again they don't but it doesn't stop people from believing it.

Super Contributor

Great idea, and I hope more doctors will get on board!

Honored Contributor

On 6/4/2014 glb613 said:
On 6/4/2014 MaggieToo said:

Because many believe they cause autism. It's been proven time and time again they don't but it doesn't stop people from believing it.

I wonder why people grasp on to something like this and , no matter what facts are presented to them, they will not let it go. It boggles my mind. They just feel they are right and there is no force that will convince them differently. You see it here on this BB all the time.

Super Contributor

I think that it is so devastating a pronouncement that they must have something, anything to blame it on. A family member refused the shots. His son still developed Autism. He got Chicken Pox. His dad did get Shingles because he had Chicken Pox as a child. .

Respected Contributor

On 6/4/2014 D Oro said:

I think that it is so devastating a pronouncement that they must have something, anything to blame it on. A family member refused the shots. His son still developed Autism. He got Chicken Pox. His dad did get Shingles because he had Chicken Pox as a child. .

You can still get Shingles even if you have the scheduled chickenpox vaccine. I got it and so did my DD when she was 18.

Honored Contributor

I don't agree with the letter. Of course the Dr. can have their own rules. I think it's a personal choice. Mine does have current school shots. I will not be forced to get the flu /HPV shot or any new shots.
Honored Contributor

there are some religions that don't allow immunizations; they can enroll their kids in school with an exemption form

Respected Contributor

I agree with the letter. It is a business and he has the right to have rules about vaccinations.