Valued Contributor

Re: Vaccinaed but still won't

Have both vaccines. Much relief.

So happy to be with my 3 grand girls now.

Met 4 vaccinated friends for lunch outdoors last week for the first time.

Meeting one vaccinated friend tomorrow for outside lunch.

No malls or indoor dining. Cases of all variants here. Plus....

Springbreak capital. I'm sure you have seen scenes on the news!

I can wait....my husband is enjoying my cooking!

Honored Contributor

The last I heard is you should still wear your mask.  I am waiting for the President to say "The coast is clear."

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

I didn't do those things before Covid, and I won't be doing them now that I'm vaccinated.

What I did before I will continue to do.  Hopefully, at some future point I can do them without masks.  And go back to having spontaneous visits with friends.

When that will be, I don't know.

Why can't you have spontaneous visits with friends?

@Porcelain 

Some have been exposed to the virus and I don't know about it unless I talk to them before I see them.  I'd like to be able to not have to check with everyone before I drop in, or vice versa--them with me. 

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you for answering!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

My family just returned from Memphis and New Orleans for spring break. They wore masks and maintained social distancing, but had a wonderful time in two favorite cities and listening to some of their best music during the afternoons (not night hours).

We've been going to restaurants and the country club for family meals for several months without worry. After a year, it's time people return to living their lives with safety measures in place.

Fear and isolation are unheathy to the most major organ of our bodies: the brain. We must interact with each other! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

Eating in a restaurant, probably not. But shopping, going to appointments, hair done, etc. yes. I can't live in a cacoon forever.

Honored Contributor

DH and I have received the first shot.  Will be getting the second soon.

We have been eating in restaurants whenever they have been open at least once a week.  We have not had any problems.

Have not gone into any stores and will not go to any theater or museum for quite awhile mainly because I hate wearing a mask for more than 10 minutes.  

We are taking our first plane trip in over a year the first week of April.  I will have been fully vaccinated by then.  

When life gets back to "normal" it will be a readjustment.

Honored Contributor

Most I know feel same way you do, it is normal. 

Super Contributor

I've been a "mask up and carry on" kind of person all along. The big difference is that now that both DH and I are vaccinated, we can visit our elderly family members who are also vaccinated. We're looking forward to that! 

Honored Contributor

I'm not fully vaccinated and have done my grocery shopping, gone into retail stores and been out to lunch a few times.  This was before I had my first vaccination.  I follow protocols and I won't go somewhere that is packed full.

Honored Contributor

I follow these CDC guidelines. It's all I can do:

"When You’ve Been Fully Vaccinated

How to Protect Yourself and Others"

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated.html