Honored Contributor

We just got home from seeing this. The language is terrible and it is crude, but I laughed the whole way through! It was good to see Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo again, and Ed Helms did a fantastic job as Rusty (a modified version of a "young Clark"). Not giving away any spoilers, but one of my favorite parts was the voice on the car's navigation system! Smiley LOL

Did anyone else see this? Chris Hemsworth - Oh my! Smiley Embarassed

Respected Contributor

Re: Vacation - the new movie!

It got terrible reviews. 

Esteemed Contributor

It got terrible reviews out my way, too.....I hesitate to waste my money...it is so darn costly at our theaters...especially since you said there is a lot of bad language...

Though I will say....my grands and I just saw Pixels last Monday...and it had bad reviews but all three of us loved it...

Trusted Contributor

Spoiler

Although I don't plan to see this movie, just seeing Chris Hemsworth would be worth the admission price for me! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Chris Hemsworth brings out the 'couger' in me-grrrr

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you posted this, beach-mom.  I'm anxious to see this movie; I think I'll enjoy it.  

The fact that it got bad reviews doesn't mean anything to me.  I've enjoyed many movies over the years that had dreadful reviews, just as I've seen movies with rave reviews that I've thought stunk.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had read one reviewer who wrote, "It's not as good as the original, but better than I'd expected."  The trailer had me LOL so I needed to find out for myself.  It's got enough laughs that I thought it was worth the theater price. Ed Helms IS Clark Griswold's son...perfect casting.  And you Chris Hemsworth fans won't be disappointed.

(Go online for a "real" commercial for that fake Tartan Prancer.)

Honored Contributor

Terrible review I read, not my taste for sure.

Respected Contributor

The trailer stinks!  I'll watch it at home!

Honored Contributor

I thought the previews looked good.  I'll catch it when it comes to red box or tv.