Super Contributor
Very happy with Norton.
Super Contributor

Seconding Avast. It's free and works just as well, if not better than the big names. Norton and McAfee are both system hogs. Good luck getting them out of your registry. That's a fun project. Wink

Honored Contributor

My choice is Norton. I had McAfee years ago and had many problems with viruses. Anytime I thought I had a virus (which I didn't), Norton's CS always helped me deal with it no matter how long it took. They even ran more advanced scans several days in a row to make sure everything was ok. They walked me through getting rid of programs that appeared out of nowhere and were causing problems and showed me how to handle the problems in the future. In my book Norton is the best!

Honored Contributor

I like Norton.

Honored Contributor

We have Norton's on all our devices, including our cellphones.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor
On 1/5/2015 deepwaterdotter said:

I've been happy with the Kaspersky security software for the past 7 years. Went to that from McAfee, which came with my computer and never made me feel very safe.

I've had Kaspersky for about ten years, now ... wouldn't change it for either McAfee or Norton.

Super Contributor
On 1/5/2015 nunya said:

McAfee is horrible. It came with my 1st computer, I could never do anything during the updates that took forever.

McAfee came with my first computer also. It was a nightmare to remove and actually I don't think it was ever entirely removed. That was years ago. These days I would never pay for an antivirus program. I have used AVG for a few years with no problems. Before that I had AVAST which was also good.

Respected Contributor

I've not had any issues with McAfee but detested Norton when I used it years ago.....at work we use AVG and I've heard good things about Kaspersky

Frequent Contributor
On 1/5/2015 Dam Yankee said:

Seconding Avast. It's free and works just as well, if not better than the big names. Norton and McAfee are both system hogs. Good luck getting them out of your registry. That's a fun project. Wink

ITA! The best imo!

Esteemed Contributor

The only two I've used are McAfee and Norton. I prefer Norton.