Honored Contributor

Re: VERY SAD NEWS: CECIL's SON KILLED BY HUNTER

Why won't they stop this?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

How awful.  Was it Dr. Palmer again?  If not, whoever it was and Palmer will probably get together to celebrate.

Honored Contributor

It seems that the older I get, the less tolerance I have for such abject ignorance of our environment and such thoughtless cruelty. It makes me sick to my stomach.

I highly recommend the movie "Beatriz at Dinner," starring Selma Hayek and John Lithgow, the latter who plays an arrogant mega mogul who in one amazing scene describes the joy he gets from hunting big game. It's absolutely terrifyingly mesmerizing.

People like this have no concerns past the tip of their own noses. I'll say no more....:-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

How awful.  Was it Dr. Palmer again?  If not, whoever it was and Palmer will probably get together to celebrate.

@ValuSkr   In the article I read, the hunter wasn't identified (probably to avoid him or her receiving death threats).

Honored Contributor

This is so heartbreaking.  I didn't read the article.  Was this done legally?  I don't understand why he wasn't protected.  I don't want to read the article.  It's just too sad.  I hate that things like this happen.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

This is so heartbreaking.  I didn't read the article.  Was this done legally?  I don't understand why he wasn't protected.  I don't want to read the article.  It's just too sad.  I hate that things like this happen.

@NickNack  You should read the article, which isn't much sadder than this thread you are reading.   The lion wandered off the protected park area, "as they often do" said the official, and was killed legally.  

So if the lions wander off the protected area often, do something about it, jerk!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

@NickNack  You should read the article, which isn't much sadder than this thread you are reading.   The lion wandered off the protected park area, "as they often do" said the official, and was killed legally.  

So if the lions wander off the protected area often, do something about it, jerk!

@Pearlee  Thank you.  That's just awful.  That's the same thing that happened to Cecil, wasn't it?  I may read the article.  I just can't stand hunting or anything about it.  I don't understand that as a "hobby."

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack  Well Cecil was lured off the protected area with meat or something.

The first thing I thought when I read the article today was that this lion was probably also lured off....although the article does say several lions were off the protected area as they frequently are.   Hmmmm...I don't know whether that's true or someone is covering their butt...but if it is true, that's why I'm saying the authorities need to do something about it!

Either extend the area or protect the lions better somehow.  The article implies that the authorities knew lions were going "off the reservation" so to speak.  Well, d'uh, then they are going to get shot!

I dunno...I think there is a lot of corruption with bribing the poor people, so who knows what to believe?  But the article does give more detail. I think you should read it, esp. since you know the worst of it anyway.

Respected Contributor

I am so upset over this too. Such beautiful animals. Too bad snake hunting isn't a sport. 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@NickNack  Well Cecil was lured off the protected area with meat or something.

The first thing I thought when I read the article today was that this lion was probably also lured off....although the article does say several lions were off the protected area as they frequently are.   Hmmmm...I don't know whether that's true or someone is covering their butt...but if it is true, that's why I'm saying the authorities need to do something about it!

Either extend the area or protect the lions better somehow.  The article implies that the authorities knew lions were going "off the reservation" so to speak.  Well, d'uh, then they are going to get shot!

I dunno...I think there is a lot of corruption with bribing the poor people, so who knows what to believe?  But the article does give more detail. I think you should read it, esp. since you know the worst of it anyway.

@Pearlee  Yes, I remember now that Cecil was lured off the property.  I will read the article.  It does sound like there's a lot of corruption re: this.

-Henry David Thoreau