Esteemed Contributor

Re: VERY SAD NEWS: CECIL's SON KILLED BY HUNTER

@Pearlee wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@noodleann  Please identify what you are showing.  Is that Cecil with the black mane?

Clearly it is. A lioness doesn't have a mane.

Heartbreaking news about cecil's son.

hahaha  Who ever thought, assumed, or even implied it was a lioness?

I asked because I didn't know if it was Cecil or one of Cecil's adult offspring. 

You are very funny, @Ms tyrion2

Cecil was murdered a couple of years ago.

QVC Customer Care

Trusted Contributor

Is this similar to the events where the locals for money, lure the animal outside the protected area for a hunter to get a better shot.

We have to always remember, in some of these poor countries, if a hunter offers the locals even 50.00 US dollars, that could be more money then they make in 1 year.

I'm not surprised. 

Many people do not relize unless you travel so some of these countries how blessed we are in AMERICA!!!

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@noodleann  Please identify what you are showing.  Is that Cecil with the black mane?

I asked because I didn't know if it was Cecil or one of Cecil's adult offspring. 

You seemed confused about which lion in the picture is Cecil.  There is a lion and a lioness in the photo. 

Hahaha?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

You seemed confused about which lion in the picture is Cecil.  There is a lion and a lioness in the photo. 

Hahaha?

@Ms tyrion2  I wasn't at all confused.  YOu misinterpreted my post entirely.  Let's drop it since someone who wasn't confused about it responded already.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have no respect for the so called "big game hunters" who feel manly when they kill a defenseless animal using a high powered rifle or any other gun, and that most definitely includes some of the more "famous" hunters in the US whose idle activities could be used for productive endeavors instead of engaging in the idles of the rich and the propensity for destruction. They deserve to be mauled by the animals upon which they prey.

Respected Contributor

This is so sad.  I wish we could give rifles and guns to the animals so that they could fight back.

I'm an animal lover, no doubt, and I'm sick of hearing those that should be protected killed for "sport".

May Cecil's son meet Cecil at the Rainbow Bridge.

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

RainyDayGirl, You said it all.  I am angered and disgusted by this cowardly act.  These wealthy hunters have nothing better to do with their money but kill defenseless animals, many of which are headed for extinction.  I have absolutely no sympathy for any of it and the excuses do not condone the tragedy.  These people who prey on these animals should be donating their money to charities, there are enough of them that need help.  Money doesn't buy class or dignity and my wish for these trophy hunters cannot be expressed but suffice it to say, may they reap what they sow.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB wrote:

Is this similar to the events where the locals for money, lure the animal outside the protected area for a hunter to get a better shot.

We have to always remember, in some of these poor countries, if a hunter offers the locals even 50.00 US dollars, that could be more money then they make in 1 year.

I'm not surprised. 

Many people do not relize unless you travel so some of these countries how blessed we are in AMERICA!!!

@Happiness Is Inside JOB

I am pretty sure we all know how blessed we are. I always wonder why some people seem to think they are the only one who does.

It's the killer most of us are angry with, not the citizens.