Esteemed Contributor

Re: VALENTINES DAY.............

@SharkE Like a few others mentioned, my dh is not a romantic at all. After almost 24 years of marriage he does know when it is my birthday and when it is V day. He will usually make an attempt to pick out a card ~ sometimes they are sweet ~ sometimes look like a "grab and run".  I got a dozen roses for my birthday on the 1st, so he's good for a while. Heart never-laugh-at-your-husbands.jpgHe knows I'm dieting, so hopefully he will not buy candy. My willpower s*cks. I hope everyone enjoys their day.

Have a Beautiful And Blessed Day

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

DH doesn't think out of the box, don't know if that is a good or bad thing.   There will be a card, flowers may-be from a grocery store or a florist and he just ordered chocolate covered strawberries.  

I'm sorry, I guess I appear a little ungracious, really I'm not.  Just wishing for a little more creative thinking from him.  If he would just say, "Hey I'm gonna take you to Phipps Conservatory to see the flowers."  I'd be floating on cloud nine.

I used do (special) innovative things for him for Valentines Day and his birthday.   When we got married, I had my few pieces of gold jewelry melted down and had a goldsmith create a ring for him with his birthstone.  Would bake his favorite cookies and sneak them onto his desk at work.  He wanted a gold neck chain for his birthday one year.  I baked his favorite red cake and  put the chain in between the layers.

This year I'll make one his favorite meals and dessert and give him a back rub.

Honored Contributor

Went to my son's home last week-end and we celebrated then.  He cooked up for us steaks and a smoked bacon, cabbage, and veg. stir fry along with all the other wonderful sides for a steak dinner.  Enough food to think it was a major gift giving holiday.

I took a Janie's Plain Cake (on Oprah's 2016 fav. list) with strawberries and whipped cream and Ghirardelli chocolate sauce.  It was all amazing.  Plus had the Val. gift bags made up for my son, ddl and granddaughter filled with all different kinds of chocolate for their delight for this past week.  Making Dentists smile!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

We were in the store- I picked a card out for him and let him read it and he picked one out for me and I read it.  We both said I love you, kissed and put the cards back, LOL ..  It's just another day after all these years. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

We were in the store- I picked a card out for him and let him read it and he picked one out for me and I read it.  We both said I love you, kissed and put the cards back, LOL ..  It's just another day after all these years. 

@SuziepeachThat is so cute and I could picture the kiss in my mind in front of the large card display.  I am with you save the $ and just go for the smoooch!!!!!!Heart

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Smoky wrote:

@SuziepeachThat is so cute and I could picture the kiss in my mind in front of the large card display.  I am with you save the $ and just go for the smoooch!!!!!!Heart

@beckyb1012, we even hugged!  No one had to turn the hose on us, LOL ..  It was cute and we just giggled. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Smoky wrote:

@beckyb1012, we even hugged!  No one had to turn the hose on us, LOL ..  It was cute and we just giggled. 

I so love this and I know you love that man.  Do it again on Tues., for myself I am having a tooth extracted at 8:00 am that morning.  Good excuse for ice cream for dinner!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beckyb1012, OH NO a Valentine's Day tooth extraction!  Good luck with that & yes ma'am a good reason for ice cream for dinner!!  I am loving that!!!!!!!!

Image result for Tooth with Heart Silhouette

Go VOLS
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

For me it is Singles Awareness Day.Smiley Very Happy

This year there is actually a man floating around on my radar but we aren't a couple yet.

I look forward to hearing about everyone elses day though.Heart

Honored Contributor

A new Dooney & Bourke,

Image result for happy valentines day animated images