Honored Contributor

Re: V35412 Unstable Fan that can tip over

[ Edited ]

@Shawnie wrote:

I wondered why i couldn’t read reviews on this.  But i bought anyway.  How can you screw up a fan?  Well you make one that isn’t level and a feather or a pet or a child or a higher speed can cause it to fall over, that’s how.  Sending it back tomorrow.  Still no reviews to read, but there are q & a’s talking about the problem.  Also the presentation makes a big deal about it not making fan noise.  Well it sounds like a fan, LOL.  This kind of deceptive marketing makes me mad.

From the Consumer Product Safety Commisdion site:

“If you've had a safety problem with a consumer product, here's how to get in touch with us:

• To report an unsafe consumer product to CPSC online, visit www.SaferProducts.gov, or call CPSC's toll-free Hotline at (800) 638-2772, or (301) 595-7054 for the hearing and speech impaired.
  • See a list of free CPSC safety guides. Print out safety guides on your printer. Many can be ordered. To order copies of safety guides, send an email to info@cpsc.gov or call CPSC's Hotline at (800) 638-2772.
  • Visit CPSC's Information Centers for product safety information.
  • For questions related to consumer product safety, email CPSC at info@cpsc.gov or write to us at U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, 4330 East West Highway, Bethesda, MD 20814.”
Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

Placed my order for the Holmes Blizzard.

🌞      🌞      🌞      🌞      🌞      🌞

off topic:     

@MalteseMomma 

I looked carefully on each page in the checkout process for all the options, trying to see what might be happening when you order that gives you easy pay when you don't want it.

Now in this thread you state you can't see any reviews either. 

I know we don't all see the same thing on the screen. It differs by the device we're using, the operating system, updates...

I'm wondering if your operating system locks you into easy pay and just isn't showing you things others see because it can't.

This could happen if the level of technology your device is using is older, and no longer fully compatible with what this website needs.

I know this can happen, but I don't have the tech language to explain it, or how to update so you can stop it.

I hope @dooBdoo can please step in and help.

@x Hedge 

Thanks for trying to help. It isn't my computer ,it is the Q's site. It is awful.

Everyday there is some new change.

Today it is denying me acess to my own acct.  Smiley Sad

So I guess,it means,for me, that it is time to stop shopping here!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:

Placed my order for the Holmes Blizzard.

🌞      🌞      🌞      🌞      🌞      🌞

off topic:     

@MalteseMomma 

I looked carefully on each page in the checkout process for all the options, trying to see what might be happening when you order that gives you easy pay when you don't want it.

Now in this thread you state you can't see any reviews either. 

I know we don't all see the same thing on the screen. It differs by the device we're using, the operating system, updates...

I'm wondering if your operating system locks you into easy pay and just isn't showing you things others see because it can't.

This could happen if the level of technology your device is using is older, and no longer fully compatible with what this website needs.

I know this can happen, but I don't have the tech language to explain it, or how to update so you can stop it.

I hope @dooBdoo can please step in and help.

@x Hedge 

Thanks for trying to help. It isn't my computer ,it is the Q's site. It is awful.

Everyday there is some new change.

Today it is denying me acess to my own acct.  Smiley Sad

So I guess,it means,for me, that it is time to stop shopping here!

@MalteseMomma 

Are you using regular check out, or the "Speed Buy" option?

When I use the regular check out, I get to a page where it gives me the option to either pay for the item in full, or to use Easy Pay.

I, too, was able to see all of the reviews for the fan, and have had zero problems logging in.

If this was site wide due to a "systems upgrade", it would be affecting everyone.

It sounds as if it is your computer/computer system.

Have you tried clearing out you cookies, browser history, cache?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for trying to help.

I NEVER use speed buy,cause I don't like easy-pay.

they fixed it now  .............lol

plus, I now get pictures while I browse...lol  something I did not have since they began changing everything ....lol

But maybe just to be sure,I'll order by check from now on and go back and change it later............lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Shawnie   sorry to have taken over your thread with my problem

Honored Contributor

So far this fan is working great. For a small unit it is pretty powerful ( it hasn't tipped over).

Honored Contributor

Maybe yours was defective....

Mine is going on 3 years and I use it all summer long in conjunction with my central A/C....It's never tipped over and I've never had a problem...And this fan IS definitely quieter than other fan's I've had.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

I'm so glad I read this thread.

I was going to order this fan but don't like the shipping charges. I decided to see if Amazon sells the fan and they do for less.

I'm a prime member and no shipping.

Now reading these complaints, I just saved myself some money.

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@MalteseMomma @mine is ivory.  Glad you got good ones.

@Shawnie 

I cannot find mine from last yr.I wonder if it broke down and I threw it away.......lol  I don't remember.......lol

I did get 1 good year out of it though.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's the update.

My Holmes Blizzard fan arrived yesterday, 6 days after ordering, and I love it!

Planning to order another one on the next "free shipping" day.

As to the 'tip-over' issue, the fan was not at all wobbly on my tabletop, my wood floor, nor on my old berber living room rug, at any speed.

But as soon as I set it down on my bedroom rug (a rustic textured weave) the fan seemed 'tippy' without even turning it on. And no matter how I adjusted and repositioned it on that rug, it was wobbly.

So I'd conclude, (in my house) the tip-over factor depends on the surface, more than being a flaw in the fan.

I set it up on a 16" end table, about 7' from my bed, and ran it oscillating on speed 1 while I slept.

☺ It will definitely stay there thru the rest of the summer.

@Ceci

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@x Hedge wrote:

Here's the update.

My Holmes Blizzard fan arrived yesterday, 6 days after ordering, and I love it!

Planning to order another one on the next "free shipping" day.

As to the 'tip-over' issue, the fan was not at all wobbly on my tabletop, my wood floor, nor on my old berber living room rug, at any speed.

But as soon as I set it down on my bedroom rug (a rustic textured weave) the fan seemed 'tippy' without even turning it on. And no matter how I adjusted and repositioned it on that rug, it was wobbly.

So I'd conclude, (in my house) the tip-over factor depends on the surface, more than being a flaw in the fan.

I set it up on a 16" end table, about 7' from my bed, and ran it oscillating on speed 1 while I slept.

☺ It will definitely stay there thru the rest of the summer.

@x Hedge 

two-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

I think you solved the mystery...I never had a problem and I placed it on a wood table and have used it on a smooth rug..and no tipping problems

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”