Honored Contributor

Re: Utah College Student Mackenzie Luek's Remains Found

I thought this was the same girl who's remains were found when he was trying to burn parts of her body in his yard?

The neighbors called the police because the smell was obvious they said.

This guy tried to get a construction worker to build a secret room for him.  The worker said he told him, "No way!" and left.

When I heard all of this I thought, "He's probably killed more than one woman.  It might have been doing things lke this and never been caught".

Is this the same guy?  This was on the news a few weeks ago.  Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.  But the guy I heard about had a similar name.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66.    Same case, same guy.@

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I mean no offense to anyone, especially those who knew this young woman, but I just think it is human nature to wonder because it was an out-of-the-ordinary time and place for an intelligent young woman to meet up with this oddball man.  

Perhaps if the reason were made public it could serve as a reminder to others about being more cautious of their behavior.  

Again, I mean no offense, and I am not making any judgments.  And I know that it is none of my business, but in all honesty, I just can't help but wonder why she was meeting this man.

I feel so sorry for her family for their loss.

Honored Contributor

It’s a reasonable question but we all make questionable choices. Unfortunately, hers ended up tragically. 

Honored Contributor

I'm sure many of you can relate to this.  So, as the mother of 3 daughters and the grandmother of 8 grandchildren (5 granddaughters and 2 living grandsons), I can't imagine the pain that family and all of those who've lost a child goes through.

Every time I hear about the evil some evil person has done I'm reminded of the fact that if you believe in Heaven (and most people do) I think you have to believe in Hell.

I keep thinking it must be getting pretty full these days.

Trusted Contributor

I personally don't think there is more crime nowadays, I think everyone just hears about it more because of our easy access to media outlets.

I hope there is a special place in Hell for those who murder people.

I also hope her family and friends are getting comfort from believing, as I do, that this young woman is now at peace in Heaven.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think that this was their very first time seeing each other, hence, why she was so comfortable getting in to his car at the park at 3:00 in the morning, because she already knew him.

And I even said that she met him at the park, where the Lyft driver dropped her off at.

The scenario of "someone took her from the park to him" didn't fit the puzzle.

Everything about this case indicates that this monster did this all on his own. He worked by himself. He had no outside help from a second person.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

I personally don't think there is more crime nowadays, I think everyone just hears about it more because of our easy access to media outlets.

I hope there is a special place in Hell for those who murder people.

I also hope her family and friends are getting comfort from believing, as I do, that this young woman is now at peace in Heaven.

I agree.  In my past, I did date someone who would be considered a risk, in today’s terms.  I felt ok with him back then. Our breakup was upsetting to him, and he did stalk me for a while, but in the end, I got out of the relationship....it wasn’t easy....but my point is that the danger has always been there.  We just hear about it more, now 

Trusted Contributor

Kachina: Nor can I.  This is undeniably a tragedy.  I feel for her family and friends.  This tragedy serves as a cautionary tale in many ways. e.g. building a "safe room" with hooks and locks (I know there is BDSM (?) practitioners who would have these items).  Perhaps, social media has made us less cautious in personal interactions.  Again, a senseless tradgedy yet another example of violence toward women, including trans women (yes, men are facing horrible violence also).

Respected Contributor

Sounds like he's started to confess.  I'm wondering if the death penalty was taken off the table in exchange of him telling where the body was dumped.  The prosecuting attorneys just did that in another case two months ago.

Another woman was interviewed and on the news today.  She said she met this guy on line in April as well and he tried to lure her to the same park in the same manner.  She wasn't as polite to him as Mackenzie was and dumped him.  He got angry in return.