Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Using art to help make sense of everything

@mrssweetiebear wrote:

@JasoninBoston Ft. Worth Opera

@mrssweetiebear 

Wonderful.

It does seem like opera is well supported there!!

Have a good rest of the weekend!

Trusted Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

@JasoninBoston 

I want to thank you so much for starting this thread!!!! You've provided us with a breath of fresh air and pleasant thoughts. Good for the soul.

@Silver Lining 

Thank you!!

I do try to abide by the Golden Rule in my posts here.

Posting things that I enjoy and think others would as well!

Respected Contributor

@JasoninBoston wrote:

@Silver Lining wrote:

@JasoninBoston 

I want to thank you so much for starting this thread!!!! You've provided us with a breath of fresh air and pleasant thoughts. Good for the soul.

@Silver Lining 

Thank you!!

I do try to abide by the Golden Rule in my posts here.

Posting things that I enjoy and think others would as well!

I've noticed that about you on other threads. You do a good job!!

Trusted Contributor

I just took a class via Zoom called Zentangle 101 and have signed up for some more. It is a very relaxing (note the Zen) but focused drawing. You start each session with some relaxing breathing and your end result looks pretty amazing. 

Honored Contributor

@mrssweetiebear wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Silver Lining wrote:

@Cakers3, I guess we were typing about the same time. 

@Silver Lining   Always glad to see anothe Frida fan.  Every now and then she surges again in popularity.

I have the "Barbie" doll, too.  LOL  Someday when GD is older I will give it to her.  DDIL is HIspanic and it's important for GD to know all she can about that part of her heritage.

@Silver Lining and @Cakers3   Yes it is nice to see the interest in Frida.  My DIL, a classical comper, was commissioned to write the music to a new opera about her and Diego.  She along with a playwright to write the story had been hard at work with the opera set to open in Texas Spring 2020.  Of course sadly it was cancelled. Hopefully only postponed. 

@mrssweetiebear   Yes it is rescheduled for the Spring 2021 at the Fort Worth Opera.

GLF is your DIL?  Wow.  Well aware of her accomplishments.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

I just took a class via Zoom called Zentangle 101 and have signed up for some more. It is a very relaxing (note the Zen) but focused drawing. You start each session with some relaxing breathing and your end result looks pretty amazing. 

@Lisa now in AZ 

How lovely!

Thanks for letting us all know about it.

My mom is super into Zoom classes.  I would like to try some but haven't found the energy to take them yet.

Esteemed Contributor

ows_4e4694b3-671c-4a71-8fa6-a416ba1bdfb3.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

If anyone is near a forest or even a small wooded park-indulge in "forest bathing".  No, not undressed.  It developed out of Japan as shinrin-yoku.

Forest bathing or taking in the forest atmosphere releases you from the techno world and brings you back to being one with nature, which is where we humans seriously need as antidote to this stressful and harsh world.  Noise, pollution, tech devices, etc.

Classical music has been studied and is well know to affect plants. Mozart in particular.   His music has also encouraged better wheat crops vs. crops with no music.

DH and I are music folk; he guitar, me piano.  Nothing is more soothing than being one with our instruments.

Art and music both reach in and arouse those parts of us that cry out for release-our true selves, if you will.

Dementia patients have been found to respond to music from their era vs. not responding at all to music from a different generation.

@Cakers3   That was definitely true with my father.  He was in the dementia part of an Assisted Living.  They would play the music from his era and have people in singing music like that that he really enjoyed.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Regular Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@mrssweetiebear wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Silver Lining wrote:

@Cakers3, I guess we were typing about the same time. 

@Silver Lining   Always glad to see anothe Frida fan.  Every now and then she surges again in popularity.

I have the "Barbie" doll, too.  LOL  Someday when GD is older I will give it to her.  DDIL is HIspanic and it's important for GD to know all she can about that part of her heritage.

@Silver Lining and @Cakers3   Yes it is nice to see the interest in Frida.  My DIL, a classical comper, was commissioned to write the music to a new opera about her and Diego.  She along with a playwright to write the story had been hard at work with the opera set to open in Texas Spring 2020.  Of course sadly it was cancelled. Hopefully only postponed. 

@mrssweetiebear   Yes it is rescheduled for the Spring 2021 at the Fort Worth Opera.

GLF is your DIL?  Wow.  Well aware of her accomplishments.

@Cakers3 , Yes and they had so many projects in the works in various stages prior to March all ended in the week including their academy.  It's been all up to "Zoom" since then. I think this virus will have the longest effect on singers, musicians and all the performing arts.  Hoping that Spring 2021is a go.