Honored Contributor

Re: Using an umbrella in the hot Summer sun?

Thank you, JaxsMom!  Truly beautiful, and I'll go 'over there' and find it.  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

Most people with any amount of common sense don't go out in the heat of the day unless it's to get in their cars. No one in their right mind would be out walking in Arizona in the heat of the day.

@Meowingkitty  To quote Noel Coward, "Only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun."

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY, google villagehatshopdot com

They are in the San Diego area. You can buy many of the hats on their site for less on Amazon, as well. I bought my straw jungle hat at the LA Zoo of all places. One of my best purchases. It's light as a feather - doesn't fold, unfortunately ;-)

I love their Scala hats, in a zillion pretty colors, because they are adjustable and comfortable. I have a small head and short hair, and One Size Fits Most...dont't, for me. These you can wet, scrunch, etc. and they also weigh nothing. Made of cotton but has a nice style/shape. Ten dollars less on Amazon. This is an item QVC could do well with selling, I think.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Thank you, JaxsMom!  Truly beautiful, and I'll go 'over there' and find it.  Heart

It's made by Leegoal and they have other colors. The turqoise is pretty too. It was very reasonably priced and I haven't had any problems with mine. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Thank you to everyone here for all of your suggestions.  I'll check back here tomorrow and will also check out your suggestions tomorrow!  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I keep at least one umbrella in my car just for the sun. I have a big golf umbrella which is my favorite. I am fair and I have ms so too much sun is bad for me. I love making my own shade, lol! I even bought a clip on umbrella for the back of a law chair and have a canopy lawn chair too! Plus many sun hats! 🌞

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

In Hawaii here many people use sun umbrellas, including me.But i do not use just any umbrellas. Because normal or thin umbrellas do not protect you from the UV sun rays. They go right through and you still get cancer on your face . I use only real UV Blocker sun umbrellas. Check out a website:  www.uv-blocker.com And read up on the special umbrellas. I hike or walk many times 2 hours in the sun, I protect my skin as much as I can. Sun screen, UV Sun umbrella, and a sun hat. Facial skin cancer is common in Hawaii. I had no Facial skin cancer yet, I guess I must do somthing right.

Aloha! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

My mother suffered from vitiligo.   She wasn't supposed to be out in the sun.  She used an umbrella in her later years to protect herself.   it's very common here in CA.   I think it's a smart thing to do.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Meowingkitty wrote:

Most people with any amount of common sense don't go out in the heat of the day unless it's to get in their cars. No one in their right mind would be out walking in Arizona in the heat of the day.

@Meowingkitty  To quote Noel Coward, "Only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun."

@Kachina624    You can now add "summer tourists" to the list.......They even come up to the front desk and ask for their money back because they didn't "know" it's so HOT here............(huh?)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Meowingkitty wrote:

@Kachina624    You can now add "summer tourists" to the list.......They even come up to the front desk and ask for their money back because they didn't "know" it's so HOT here............(huh?)

Spoiler

You'd have to be a special kind of stupid to vacation in Phoenix in the summer.  When we visited there in the RV, we made a point of heading home right about now; first week of April.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment