Honored Contributor

Apparently we have to get a new nic if we change our email?  I closed one email I only used for ordering and switched to an older email address.

Cakers is my original nic from 2007.   I'm surprised it went through.

I was ready to use Cakers 4.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

It's some kind of glitch on the system. I had to change my name , I never changed my email

Honored Contributor

@nun ya wrote:

It's some kind of glitch on the system. I had to change my name , I never changed my email

Odd - I see the space in your name. 

As long as I can keep a variation of my nic I guess it's ok but I see some are having trouble with that.

Respected Contributor

welcome back @Cakers3

Honored Contributor

I changed my email address and informed the Q. on 1/26/16 and they did not have me change anything else.   Nic or passwords.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Apparently we have to get a new nic if we change our email?  I closed one email I only used for ordering and switched to an older email address.

Hi, @Cakers3!   I am so glad you see you here!Heart   Your voice is missed.   This website has gone from bad to worse, and in recent days for some reason many (but not all) have had to change their nickname and many (but not all) can't seem to change it back to the original nickname.   The moderators have been unable or unwilling to address the cause or to help most of those affected.   Some of the moderators had to change their nickname!  

What a mess of a website.Smiley

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

Hi, @Cakers3!   I am so glad you see you here!Heart   Your voice is missed.   This website has gone from bad to worse, and in recent days for some reason many (but not all) have had to change their nickname and many (but not all) can't seem to change it back to the original nickname.   The moderators have been unable or unwilling to address the cause or to help most of those affected.   Some of the moderators had to change their nickname!  

Doobs!  Ha ha - I get a Sinatra earworm when I see you nic.  You are too kind.

My concern now is that somebody could use Cakers1, Cakers2, Cakers3 - I've used all of those.  I would think that my IP would prevent that?  I have no clue how things work that way but I would not like any poster here being impersonated.

Honored Contributor

Cakers wrote:

dooBdoo wrote:

Cakers wrote:

Hi, @Cakers!   I am so glad you see you here!Heart   Your voice is missed.   This website has gone from bad to worse, and in recent days for some reason many (but not all) have had to change their nickname and many (but not all) can't seem to change it back to the original nickname.   The moderators have been unable or unwilling to address the cause or to help most of those affected.   Some of the moderators had to change their nickname!  

My concern now is that somebody could use Cakers1, Cakers2, Cakers3 - I've used all of those.  I would think that my IP would prevent that?  I have no clue how things work that way but I would not like any poster here being impersonated.

Hey, Sinatra isn't a bad earworm to have!Smiley

I used to understand how the nicknames worked.   They weren't case-sensitive, and as long as we were the account that had used a name previously we also could change back to it if we wanted.   The account and the nickname were attached to the email address as listed in our QVC account.   The IP address isn't really associated with it, since that can be dynamic.   But these days...  it's just my opinion, but I think something happened to corrupt the integrity of the nickname database and now we have a major mess.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

Hey, Sinatra isn't a bad earworm to have!Smiley

I used to understand how the nicknames worked.   They weren't case-sensitive, and as long as we were the account that had used a name previously we also could change back to it if we wanted.   The account and the nickname were attached to the email address as listed in our QVC account.   The IP address isn't really associated with it, since that can be dynamic.   But these days...  it's just my opinion, but I think something happened to corrupt the integrity of the nickname database and now we have a major mess.

Hi doobdoo:  Well, I will just be plain ol' Cakers for now and if there is a variation of my nic showing up - it will not be I.  We've seen that in the past - a slight change in capitals or another letter added or something like that and then the confusion starts - usually meant to stir trouble.  LOL

I barely recognize so many nics here anymore so I'm guessing some of our old timers are here but had to re-register.  Or maybe we just have a lot of new posters who are welcome anytime.

Honored Contributor

I changed my email and haven't had to change my nic.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment