Valued Contributor

Re: Urgent prayers needed for new mama Kelsea

@lynne6was7  Thank you! Thank you! Made my weekend!

Super Contributor

Praying for this young mom, her family and everyone struggling in life, God Bless\

Respected Contributor

@lynne6was7  Thank you for the update, I was wondering and praying that she was getting better.  Please continue to keep us updated on her progress.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Contributor

@lynne6was7 wrote:

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your prayers and good thoughts!

Earlier this month, they had placed her on the lung transplant list but over the last couple weeks, her lungs have improved to the point that they changed the status to no longer accepting a donor.  This week, she was taken off the vent and the ECMO and her lungs are doing their job to provide her with good oxygen levels!  Now, after about 80 days, she may be moved out of ICU to a regular hospital room.

So happy to share this good news.  She still has a long recovery ahead, and will continue to need your prayers and good wishes.  Thanks so much.

Thank you for the good news @lynne6was7 ! Prayers continue.💓🙏💓

Valued Contributor

@lynne6was7  Hey there! Mama Kelsea still on the mend?

Thank you for any updates & have a great weekend.

Valued Contributor

The most recent update is even better. They removed her feeding tube and she is eating. They have capped her trach to see how well she can breathe with just a cannula. And, she has been working so hard in PT that she may go home in 1-2 weeks without having to go to a rehab facility! (At the time of my last update, they thought she wouldn't go home for 3-6 months.) Your prayers certainly make a difference.

Just recently, I heard of two new mothers in the U.S. who, under similar circumstances, did not survive. So very sad. Please lift up their families too.
Valued Contributor

Thanks for sharing the good news @lynne6was7 .

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

She is home!!!  Reunited with her hubby and four kiddos, meeting her baby for the first time.  Everyone is so happy that she is home after almost three months in the hospital.  She truly made a remarkable turnaround since Christmas, when they thought she'd need a double lung transplant.  She proved them wrong, and recovered on her own.  She is still on supplemental oxygen, with just a cannula.  She will rehab at home for three to six months but should make a full recovery.

Her words about her fight back over the last month:  "It seems like I could feel all the love and prayers coming through the window."

That was you!  So thank you!  Putting positive vibes into the universe does make a difference.  Let's all continue to do so - for everyone, for every situation.

Honored Contributor

@lynne6was7 -

Thank you so much for letting us all know. And for telling us what Kelsey said. That is so encouraging. I will remember that.

I'm so happy to hear this good news!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

What wonderful news! Thank you sharing @lynne6was7 . I know prayers work, I've seen it happen before with two members of my family. And thank you for sharing her quote with us - beautiful words.