Trusted Contributor

Re: Urgent prayers needed for new mama Kelsea

Bumping this up in hopes of an update. Prayers continue for this young woman.

Valued Contributor

Poor thing is still on a ventilator, and also on an ECMO (usually used during open heart surgery) that pumps the blood from her body, removes CO2 and oxygenates it, and returns it to her body.  Her oxygen levels are up from the 40s (can't even imagine) to the 80s.  However, she is being treated for a blood infection.  If they can get her stabilized, they hope to wean her off the ventilator this week, and insert a trach.  As you can see, continued prayers are certainly needed.  I appreciate your continued concern and good wishes.

Honored Contributor

@lynne6was7   I was hoping the update would be better news.  Praying for a full recovery....sooner rather than later!!

Honored Contributor

continued prayers....🙏

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@lynne6was7  More prayers for healing and prayers to give her strength to keep on fighting are going out for this young mother tonight, and please keep us updated.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Trusted Contributor

Prayers and good thoughts continue for her. 

Valued Contributor

Keeping prayers coming.

Respected Contributor

Healing doesn't always roar

Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow."

Blessings to Kelsea and family

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Please continue to pray for the medical teams and auxiliary staff treating Kelsea also.  The medical personnel in our hospitals are exhausted, worried about their own health and emotionally drained.  I know this because my son is a Registered Nurse and my daughter is a Nurse Practiuoner.   Of course I want Kelsea to recover and be with her husband and baby and her other three children.

Valued Contributor

An update:  She is off the ventilator, with a trach, but still on the ECMO, which is much longer than it should be.  She is still in a coma.  They are treating a blood infection and battling clotting, which is a Covid-related problem.  It's coming up on four weeks.  The only good thing is that she is in a highly respected teaching hospital and her doctor consults worldwide with other physicians.

Thanks so much for your continued prayers and good thoughts for this family.