Respected Contributor

Re: Urgent prayers needed for new mama Kelsea

So sorry to hear about mama Kelsea hope she gets well real soon and can be back  with her family.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Those of you who say Covid is no big deal and it isn't hurting anybody you care about, are you fine with a pregnant mother's lungs collapsing during the birthing process?

You still don't support any mask rules intended to prevent that?

If people cooperated and we had Covid under control, this would not have happened. Our actions have consequences for other people, not just ourselves. Somebody passed Covid to this woman. Somebody passed Covid to the person who infected this woman, and so on and so on. Those people are responsible for her suffering and for a baby born to the world who cannot be with her mama. Keep in mind that that is what you are supporting.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@lynne6was7 I will lift them up in prayer for healing and comfort!

Valued Contributor

Please, please, please ramp up your prayers.  She is not doing well at all.  She has been given plasma with antibodies - praying that they do work.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lynne6was7 

Yes, I will. she is in my thoughts and prayers all day, and when she has recovered as well! 🙏 

Esteemed Contributor

I continue to pray for this young mother, that she may recover. 

She is so needed by her husband and four children.

@Porcelain, Who can explain why some people continue to deny the reality we are facing?  I have written so many times of my DD having the virus and surviving.  And my DH’s nephew is a doc treating patients in a COVID unit.  Instead, some refuse to wear a mask or change their lifestyle.  And we

will never know who infected this dear young mother.

I fear a lockdown is in our future.

Honored Contributor

Last night on  nbc nightly news they had a story about a young mom that had given birth,and is very sick with this virus.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain  This attitude/outlook is prevalent were we live and is why, in December, DH is applying for a transfer OUT of state. We joined our community's private facebook page and have been disgusted from Day 1 with what we've read. I contacted the moderator about a few threads and he agreed that COVID has divided the community in a way he could never have believed after living here for almost 20 years, not to mention he was shocked at the opinions of people he thought he knew well. 

In any event, we look forward to moving to a place where our concerns of COVID are shared and precautions are encouraged, supported and followed without issue.

@lynne6was7  I will keep her close to my heart and in prayer.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Trusted Contributor

Praying that the antibody treatment works for her! Thankful she was able to get it. Thank you for the update.