Respected Contributor

Re: Upset about losing earring

I agree with others here~definitely check with the store today, you never know! And leave your name and number in case they haven't found it yet but it still may turn up. Good luck. So sorry it happened. It is a reminder to us all to be careful with those masks; I often don't even think about my earrings taking the mask off and on.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, that hurts.  

I generally wear only lever backs anymore.  Posts just don't work for me (my piercings are uneven, have been most of my life) and I hate looking like Frankenstein.  That's what I feel like, anyway, with any sort of stud earring.

I understand, the masks present a new set of issues.  I wear glasses/sunglasses/hats and it all has to be adjusted.  

Cogito ergo sum
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is a controversial topic

Honored Contributor

Even long before masks, I have lost so many earrings that were not leverbacks! Now, I don't wear earrings if I ever go out and if I do I wear leverbacks. I have a space where I keep those one only earrings

that are left. I just know I will lose one when I wear a post (don't anymore) or the French wires is that what they are called? I don't ever have expensive earrings but some were favorites.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Boy that hurts when you lose a piece of jewelry you love. I lost a 24 carrot white gold hoop in Santa Barbara on vacation years ago. I still have the mate. I'm also still not over it. 

Honored Contributor

These days I'm wearing studs that screw-on and hoops that have a locking clasp. That's the only way I can feel safe with wearing my stuff.

Respected Contributor

@godi wrote:

Boy that hurts when you lose a piece of jewelry you love. I lost a 24 carrot white gold hoop in Santa Barbara on vacation years ago. I still have the mate. I'm also still not over it. 

I relate to you...I don't get over those things well either! I, somehow, lost, left, misplaced, I don't even know what...a beautiful bracelet my mom had given me from that Israeli silver artist, forgot her name now, that used to be on QVC. It was sterling, with a bit of 14k gold detailing, and a fresh water pearl, cuff. I loved it and mostly wore it all summer. Noticed it gone end of 2019, way after the fact, after summertime; I just noticed it missing in my jewelry armoire one day. Trying to think back where I might have left it. I was working at a small boutique then, recall taking it off once to try on something but I really believe I put it right back on after that, I'm usually very conscious of that. I am also very good at scouring hotels before we leave. So I really, really felt it would pop up sometime, somewhere. (I've had that happen a few times)...but so far no... Smiley Sad. It truly was one of my favorites...artisanal, unique. 

Respected Contributor

That is so frustrating-it has happened to me.  I had a pair of lovely, drop amethyst earrings that were kind of dressy.  I lost one and never did find it.  Eventually, I sold the lone earring for the gold Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla  so sorry you lost your lovely earring. That would break my heart too. Check CS wherever you were taking off and putting on your mask. There are many good people out there who would turn it in to the CS or lost and found.  Keep checking back for a few weeks! 

Frequent Contributor

Many earrings have been lost before the mask, I know I have lost many..now I have something to blame..the mask..lol