Frequent Contributor

Upset - It Happened Again - Package Never Rec’d and Charged Return Shipping Fee

[ Edited ]

Hi All - is anyone else having trouble receiving their packages?  I ordered the blue light readers today special two weeks ago and never received them.  They were returned and I was charged return postage fees on an item that never made it to the house.  I had to call to get that refund.

I ordered a bracelet on gold day - so excited to get a good deal.  I noticed it also appeared to be stuck in transit somewhere. Went to the post office and they said it never made it there.  Sent CS an email last week and said please, please put a note on the account to stop/don't process the return and send it back (they are out of stock).  Said they couldn't do it - no way to prevent the return.  Just looked and it was returned today and again I was charged returned postage on an item that never made it to the house. Item is out of stock and absolutely nothing they can do about it. Can't even put me on waitlist.  I have not moved in 25 years so it has to be either bad mailing labels or carriers being used. Am I the only one having this issue?  This was the last 2 out of 3 orders. I am done - can't believe they keep charging me return postage on top of it all.  You can tell the package was never been opened, and an organization as big as QVC has no way to prevent a return from being processed on a package that never went out for delivery? I work in an organization where all non-opened returned mail is looked at to determine root cause.

Honored Contributor

Re: Upset - It Happened Again - Package Never Rec’d and Charged Return Shipping Fee

I had problems with orders being stuck at my post office for days.  One, I finally received after it was there for 3 weeks.  It had a large label with "REJECT" stuck on the outside of the package.  It didn't look like it had been opened.  

QVC had already replaced, so I returned the one with the reject label.  I have no idea what that meant.  

Contributor

Re: Upset - It Happened Again - Package Never Rec’d and Charged Return Shipping Fee

Sorry about your disappointment in not receiving your packages.

This did happen to me twice during the month of December 2019.  I had ordered two different TSV products, the Primula insulated mugs and the Snow Joe Snow Thrower.  I was notified when the items were sent and then waited and waited and finally checked the tracking info.  In both cases, the notice on the tracking info was  "the mailing address label became detached from the package and the vendor was to be notified".  I did contact customer service via email.  Both times the response was apologetic and helpful.  I received full refunds (including s&h).  

The first time it happened, I thought okay it was a fluke.  The second time,  I thought something isn't  right here .  Since I really don't like to tempt fate, I stopped purchasing anything from QVC ( there haven't  been any problems from any other online sites).

I passed on few good items but what's that saying about once burned...it happened twice.

Frequent Contributor

Foxxee - thanks so much for the reply.  It has to be an issue with the labels or the specific carrier.  I am sure this one was marked returned/reject like yours, yet they still charged me postage. It's 2020, and there was absolutely no way for them to create another mailing label and send it back out to the customer.  How's that for good business.

Honored Contributor

With packages changing hands or making so many stops before it actually is received...most likely it's "lost" or returned to sender 🤷‍♀️

Mail Innovations (or Surepost) certainly has its issues🙄.  No reason it should take 10-14 days to get a package considering other retailers can deliver by UPS, Fed Express and only takes a few days !  

I ordered on Monday from Macy's -- got my package today (UPS).

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Zukie - Thank you so much for the feedback, I appreciate it.  I did order something yesterday and asked them to cancel today.  They said they couldn't.  The last two out of three items didn't make it so thinking this last one might not either.  I also don't want to have to call for a refund on a package that never made it to the house.  As others have noted, they get sent back to QVC with notification that it was rejected.  I see no reason why they couldn't produce another label and send it back to the customer.  I am with you - not worth taking the chance anymore. I do not have issues with any other sites - just QVC. It upsets me that they can't even do anything to try and make things right. Between the double billing issues, bad mailing labels, and charging shipping when they should not - I hope folks are really looking at their statements.  

Honored Contributor

Right or wrong, packages that are returned are considered a return because the Q has no idea why it came back.  Posters often say to refuse deliveries if you don't want the item.  There could be many packages that come back unopened.  To followup on every package without a return form probably isn't realistic.

Valued Contributor

It's happened to me several times too in the past where the status said my packages were received by the post office but never delivered or sent out but were in limbo somwhere.  I've had to call Q's Customer Service on those occasions and tell them.  They can look up your status while you're on the phone with them and resend the items out.  I was always resent those orders but it was a pain to have to wait the length of time to receive them.

Trusted Contributor

I hear you! I ordered lots of the recent Breezies TSV, together with a few others, and it occurred to me as I went through my order history, that I never received several of them, even though the tracking says they were delivered. I don’t know where to begin since they were shipped in multiple packages. I didn’t keep the packing slips of the ones I kept, so I don’t know which ones are missing, other than I know I never received a few of the colored ones. Frustrating for sure!  This is the problem when they put the same items in different packages and ship them at different times - impossible to track!

Esteemed Contributor

@Boomerdotty

I have not shopped at QVC in quite a while. It was never my first choice for jewelry. I found nicer pieces at Ross Simon online.

My last purchase was a gold coin bracelet watch, which came in a damaged box.

If a company cannot send out the best merchandise in wonderful condition something is wrong.