Honored Contributor

Re: Updates: are the posters from Hurricane Florence area ok?

[ Edited ]

@this is my nic

thank you for your reply!

You have a way with written words and your writing is so clear.  I read some of your posts this morning and realized that I hadn’t slowed down in order to fully comprehend what you were expressing, so I thank you again.

If you perceive any more dangers/restoration in N.C., your area, I’d like to know about what is happening there.❤️

So glad you were not “hit” or suffering.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

We here in maine could use the rain.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

OP is expressing her concern for those in affected areas which many of us share.  thank you!

Yes!  It's very NICE of her to ask about them.  I was one of those people a few years ago and I certainly appreciated knowing that people were concerned about me even though I didn't know for a little while due to no electricity.   Hoping all of our posters are safe and dry.  Love and prayers to all.

Respected Contributor

I am doing well.  We have a lot of rain still coming down and are expecting flooding. I am very grateful that I kept power. Seeing the destruction in other areas makes me hope that  lives and communities can be repaired quickly. My heart aches for the lives that have been lost.

doxie

Esteemed Contributor

Valid:8:00 PM EDT Sunday September 16, 2018 - 8:00 PM EDT Tuesday September 18, 2018

Storm QPF
The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

I hope everyone is okay.  We are so lucky where I am, but I'm so sorry for those who have been hit so hard, especially from the flooding.  I've been through several hurricanes worse than this one as far as wind damage, but what the flooding is doing now is horrific. Florence had put a bulls-eye on our area of Central NC, but the change in course to the SW saved us. 

We've had much rain since Thursday, sustained winds and gusts up to around 40-45 but have not lost power... yet.....  Everything is calming down except for the rain.  My outdoor feral kitties are all present and accounted for and don't seem to be upset.  I lashed their two outdoor shelters in the back to the wall of my house so they couldn't blow away, fixed up the entrance to their "kitty hotel" (small shed with more shelters in it), and strapped down their "feeding station" on my patio (made of plastic but protects them so they can eat when it rains or just sit under it). 

The radar shows the major rain bands now just spinning right over us, but at least it's moving.  This area is not called the "Southern part of Heaven" for nothing - Florence loves it so much she just doesn't want to leave!  

Trusted Contributor

@LTT1 and all, it's always nice to know we're being thought of. We live in the piedmont area of NC and have heavy rains now and heavy winds earlier. Certainly nothing like the coast and inland.  There's no access to city of Wilmington now. Many areas have flooded. So much damage. The storm is not playing favorites as to where she hits, just some places much worse than others. My heart hurts for all those that have lost so much. Saddened by the loss of life. Thankful for all those helping those in need. It's bad, y'all.

Respected Contributor

@LTT1

Thank you very much for your kind words!  I will definitely keep everyone interested  informed.

It's still raining in my area, north central NC.  We received a weather alert earlier that our county and many others were under a flash flood warning.  This just doesn't want to end!  So many people will be trying to get their lives back to normal.  I hope there will be lots of volunteers willing to provide assistance.  

Respected Contributor

@kittymomNC

Southern part of heaven?  You must be in Chapel Hill! I'm in Mebane now, but used to live in Chapel Hill.   We did get lucky with Florence, but my heart breaks for those at the coast.  

BTW, my daughter takes care of a feral kitty family here in Mebane.  She was able to get many of them adopted!   I know you must have a huge heart to be so kind and a dwindling bank account!  Dd has spent so much on her feral family.   God chooses the right people to provide the love and care needed.  ❤️  Thank you! 

Honored Contributor

We're in W NC and haven't had any flooding yet.  It's probably going to come, esp. Biltmore Village which is extremely low.

This is ALBERTO in Biltmore Village

Image result for biltmore village during the flood