Honored Contributor

Re: Update thread for posters who haven't been here much

How nice to check in this morning and see updates from "old" posters, as well as newer ones!  Thank you all, for your kind words and for sharing your stories.

I'd love to respond to each of you, but I'm heading out while we have a break in our weather.  

@violann  I'm so glad your grandson is doing well.  We went through those scares with our little ones at about the same time.

Makeup addict, I hope the new year brings you a new job that you love. Hug your pup...that must be her, in your avatar? So cute!  My little animal is in my avatar, and he raises my spirits when I'm feeling sad.

@TaxyLady  Yes....remember you well!

Honored Contributor

September, prayers for you that you gain strength during this most difficult time. I miss you ....good to read an update on your grands. Please take care of yourself..

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@september, nice of you to post this thread.  I pray for you for strength and comfort, and it is so nice to hear your granddaughters are growing and doing well.

@TaxyLady, I noticed your name mentioned, and wanted to say Hi to you too.

I have so much to be thankful for, and many blessings.  The last year has also held stress, and I try to keep remembering to enjoy each day and not worry about tomorrow.  The little things can bring so much joy. 

We enjoyed Christmas with both daughters/families, and as much fun as it was, it was not without a long trip to the airport in a traffic jam, lots of work & dishes, & lack of sleep, lol.  As much as I try not to, I also tend to stress over presents.  Silly, I know.  But we made memories. 

After Christmas dinner, my youngest daughter said, OK, out of the kitchen, now we are singing!  So, she had this wonderful book, I think it is called Christmas Eve.  It has the Christmas story and Christmas songs interspaced.  So, we all stood around the piano and we took turns reading a paragraph and passing the book to the next person.  When we came to a song, the book went to her and we all sang along.  Then the reading started again. 

We were skipping the 6 year old the first time around the circle, but then we gave him the book too and asked if he would like to read a short paragraph.  He did!  (And he continued to read a paragraph when it was his turn.)

What a joy that time was.  It is a memory I will cherish.

Enjoy the little moments in life. 

Take care all!

Honored Contributor

@oceantown   Thanks for sharing!  I remember you well, but haven't seen you here much. 

How sweet that the 6 year old got into the moment. In some ways, I wish my granddaughters were able to communicate....but I think I need to take a lot of the good advice already given and cherish where they are now!  

just got got an invite to their first birthday party...in March!

Trusted Contributor

@september, thanks for your reply!

Your granddaughters' first birthday!  How special that will be.

You are right, each day has special moments to enjoy now.  Little ones have  their own special means of communication.  Babies have so many different expressions when you talk to them.  Those special smiles can melt a heart.  I love the sound of a baby cooing.  Toddler age comes quickly.  So cute to see a toddler lifting arms to be picked up!  

I remember like it was yesterday when our first granddaughter was with us at the mall and she wanted to be carried by her g'pa (Papa).  She was past toddler age for sure, can't remember exact age.  Probably 4 years old but she was pretty small.  She told Papa she was too little to walk!  Awww.... of course Papa carried her as we walked along.  "Heart-heart-heart"

Honored Contributor

@september, I am so sorry to hear about your family's health problems.

Congratulations on becoming a grandmother. That is a special kind of joy.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@oceantown wrote:

@september, thanks for your reply!

Your granddaughters' first birthday!  How special that will be.

You are right, each day has special moments to enjoy now.  Little ones have  their own special means of communication.  Babies have so many different expressions when you talk to them.  Those special smiles can melt a heart.  I love the sound of a baby cooing.  Toddler age comes quickly.  So cute to see a toddler lifting arms to be picked up!  

I remember like it was yesterday when our first granddaughter was with us at the mall and she wanted to be carried by her g'pa (Papa).  She was past toddler age for sure, can't remember exact age.  Probably 4 years old but she was pretty small.  She told Papa she was too little to walk!  Awww.... of course Papa carried her as we walked along.  "Heart-heart-heart"

lol!  I'd pick her up, too, even if her parents thought she should be walking.  Any opportunity to hug them and hold them close!

Respected Contributor

Oh my goodness, @september!!!  I am so sorry to hear about your husband and your parents.  I spent several years taking care of my father and then my mother.  I can't imagine dealing with health issues with a spouse on top of that.  I so admire your grit and determination!  I would be a quivering mass of protoplasm at this point!

Be good to yourself, you so deserve it.  And now with the weather out your way as well.  Just seems like the hits just keep comin' doesn't it???!! 

Thank goodness you have those grandbabies to brighten up your thoughts and days!  It gives us a purpose, doesn't it??! 

I hope you are safe during this weather event.  I will worry about you.

(((((((september)))))

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

@pitdakota   Thank you so much!   Yes this past year has been such a challenge. 

Gee...just heard the fire engine barrel past my house on the way to the bridge...again.  I'm sure it's just routine for them.....

Honored Contributor

@september@I am so sorry that you have so much to worry about right now.It is nice that you have the grandchildren to distract you and bring a smile to your heart.I have known you for many years...I was dex before the board changes.I wanted to say that you have always been one if my favourite posters and that I really appreciated all of the help that you gave me when I was learning to post.I remember when I always typed in caps because I didn't know how to turn them off and you asked me why I was slways yelling.I had no idea that was what caps meant...thanks for teaching me how to turn them off.

If you need someone to chat with anytime I am here for you my friend,