Contributor

Update on son's lung/heart transplant evaluation process. Possible kidney...

An update on my son.

They have held off presenting his case to the lung transplant board for a couple of weeks. We had his regular doctor appointments with his pulmonary and cardiologist doctors. We were hit with him seeing a Nephrologist and getting tests for his kidneys.

He may have to have a kidney transplant added to the lung transplant list presented to the board.

His doctors feel the board will ask questions about past testing levels that have to do with his kidneys /liver (creatine, alkaline phosphatase, etc.) and they want to be ready to answer all questions. They keep saying his age is on his side and the board takes that into consideration.

I could see his face when they mentioned the possibility of a kidney transplant too. He bounces back with a positive attitude quick, but that is the face he shows us.

Please keep my son in your prayers.

*They didn't mention any thing more regarding the heart.

Super Contributor

Re: Update on son's lung/heart transplant evaluation process. Possible kidney...

Please keep my son in your prayers.

Absolutely.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Update on son's lung/heart transplant evaluation process. Possible kidney...

I certainly will....May God keep him in his arms....

Super Contributor

My prayers for your son.......may God bless you all.......
Super Contributor

Bless your heart. I would be honored to pray for your son. Do you feel comfortable enough to share his first name? If not, I understand...God know who he is.

Please keep us updated. I will keep your whole family in my prayers as well.

Respected Contributor

Your son will be in my thoughts.

Respected Contributor

My prayers are with him and you. I can't imagine going through this ""waiting game.""

Trusted Contributor

Your son is so brave. I cannot imagine what you are both going through right now. I hope you have good news soon in regards to the transplants. Please know... you and your son are in my prayers. I appreciate the updates and please come back if you just feel like venting too.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/27/2015 lil spot said:

Bless your heart. I would be honored to pray for your son. Do you feel comfortable enough to share his first name? If not, I understand...God know who he is.

Please keep us updated. I will keep your whole family in my prayers as well.

Hello lil spot,

I had and still remain reading for any update information beginning when I first heard about [amiracleneeded]'s son William, from Among Friends.

lil spot, along with others may want to read the story, from that thread, many weeks ago.

This did include a lung transplant, (maybe) a heart transplant, now a kidney transplant.
I know why, possibly she posted here... due to the more frequent viewers. I do believe that most in AF know a lot about this young man and his mother courage to be with him throughout this unbelievable health issue. The board members are apparently making a decision. I will try to find the original in AF and bump it up.

_Naes

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you so much for the update Amiracleneeded, you and your son have been in my thoughts.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK