Honored Contributor

Good news given to my wife from her Surgeon. This intestinal blockage was in a different part of digestive tract, which allowed more than only a surgical option, thankfully.

After viewing her contrasting CT Scan, he said she could go with an option, that might work, which was no eating or drinking for 2-3 days, only a few ice chips and the "moist sponge swabs" used to moisten the mouth. These I am familiar with from my 1st heart attack which included Aspiration Pneumonia. I suggested she give that option a try.

The only downside I could see was maybe a few more days in the hospital, if that option did not work. For my wife and myself, a few more days in a hospital is not a serious undertaking, we have both had long stays over the years.

Even better news, it appears this option is working, thus she is avoiding surgery, this time. She will have to stick with a Bariatric type of food intake for at least 2 weeks. This also is not new to her as this she has done several times with a couple of her other bariatric surgeries.

She is going to be released today and I am waiting for her to call when that paperwork is concluded. There again, with both of us having way too much experience, sometimes that takes hours to complete. I was officially told I could go home, from 1 of my long stays in the morning, and it was dinner time before I actually left the hospital. So neither one of us would be surprised if it takes most of this day.

I do plan on taking "her canine, Lily(really ours)" to greet her, so I will not be going inside the hospital. We will meet her, with our vehicle, at the door of the hospital. That is our plan for now, but until she is actually released, we will be cautiously waiting.

I am actually lost for words to properly thank so many of our friends on this Bulletin Board, for your thoughts/prayers, and support for my wife and myself. Thank you just does not describe the appreciation felt by my wife and myself, along with our sincere gratitude for such kindness by everyone. But Thank You all for all of your kind and thoughtful posts, from my wife/our furry family, and myself,

JOhn(hckynut)

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the update. The best medicine in the world is our furry friends. ❤️❤️🐾🐾I’ll keep praying for you both. Stay strong and keep eating well yourself.

Honored Contributor

I am so happy to hear the update @hckynut and I must admit while brushing my teeth this morning you and Cindy were on my mind.  It is amazing how strangers can be even connected in our thoughts and hearts.  Take care of your bride and yourself, plus all the warm "babies" with four legs.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@hckynut,

John and Cindy,

So happy to read your post,

http://www.danielnugroho.com/wp-content/uploads/god-bless-you.jpg

Respected Contributor

@hckynut, I just know you from around these boards, but you and your wife have my positive thoughts that you both have a good resolution to your health issues.

Honored Contributor

So happy to hear you are both going home!  Give that place a finger wave until they need to treat you right again.  Virtual hugs to you both and the furry ones.  HeartHeartHeart

Honored Contributor

@hckynut such good news that Cindy will be home and not require surgery.I think those prayers that everyone sent out were heard.You are a sweet and caring DH so of course everyone loves you and wants the best for you and Cindy and all of your furry ones.Can Cindy have jello water or anything like that to give her some strength?

Honored Contributor

All the best to you, your wife and the beasties.  

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the update. Hope your wife can avoid more surgery. It’s been tough going but hang in there.

Honored Contributor

Good news, John.  I am so happy for Cindy!  We never get released from the hospital till the doctors sign us out on their end of the day rounds.  DH can't stand that.  It drives him up a wall!  I keep telling him to wait for a phone call.  I think after this last time...he will!  I know you will enjoy getting Cindy back home.  She sure has been on my mind here lately.