Esteemed Contributor

John,

I don't visit here with any regularity at present, so missed your original posting of Cindy's illness and hospitalization.

Thank you for posting that the alternative to surgery appears to be working and that a food plan is in place for her to follow, once home.

Your "pick-up" plan was a sound one and I hope all went well.  Will be thinking of you both and sending positive thoughts your way in the weeks ahead.

Take care, my friend. - Rebecca

Trusted Contributor

@hckynut John and Cindy, so good to hear that all is well. Keep us all posted,please. Take good care. 😊🐱😺

Respected Contributor

@LilacTreewrote:

Hi John!  Good news!  The only thing I'm worried about is no fluids for three days, I assume that's including water.  That would put me in the hospital for rehydrating IVs after the first day. 

I realize our issues are not the same.  I am hopeful that she can take this regimen with no negative side effects.

You know me, I am always wary.  I am very hopeful that this will work for her.  Any time one can avoid surgery, especially at our ages, is something to try.  My thoughts are with Cindy and you also.  I am sure you have a blood pressure monitor at home.  Take her BP often during this time, you don't want to see it go up.  I'm sure you know this.

I hope it works!!  PLEASE KEEP US POSTED.   ~Ford

I'm thinking ice chips in large enough quantity can keep one hydrated enough without overloading the digestive system

Respected Contributor

@hckynut

Cindy and you have my every thought and hope for a complete recovery

Honored Contributor

I hope your family has an upswing in health now, John.  You are both due.

With love and concern and additional prayers.

New Contributor

I hope you are both feeling better!

Honored Contributor

How wonderful that things have worked out so well!  Love and hugs to you both!

Image result for heart background images

Esteemed Contributor

Thrilled at the good news.  So happy for you and Cindy, especially Cindy, and looking forward to continued good news.  God Bless both of you.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

John and Cindy- I also missed your original post, and do offer my best thoughts and hopes that you BOTH will be feeling much better as Spring arrives!