Honored Contributor

Update on my wife-July 31

[ Edited ]

My wife had another bleeding ulcer. Friday our Gastro doctor repaired it via Endoscope. There was a clip put on the blood vessel to stop the bleeding.

Thought that was fixed, and after transfusing 4 units of blood her Hemoglobin numbers went from 7.1 to 8.2. Last night she started bleeding again, and her numbers were back to 7.2. Things went downhill for her from there.

Today she had another 4 units of blood transfused along with 2 units of frozen blood plasma and with a Protonics IV Drip. Tomorrow, Monday, then will again do and Endoscopy to see if that blood vessel can be repaired via that entry. If not, her Bariatric Surgeon will first try to fix it with a scope through her stomach. If that fails, he will have to do an open surgery.

Won't know what's up until I go to the hospital early in the morning. From there it is a step by step procedure. Really had more questions today than answers, and won't really know for sure until they start with the Endo, hopefully early tomorrow morning.

Thank everyone for all your thoughts and prayers for my wife, and myself. I rather this be me than her going through this ordeal as for me this is much harder than dealing with this myself. Too much to soon for the love of my life to have to handle.

Thank you every one of you great people on these forums.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Re: Update on my wife-July 31

@hckynut

Oh John, I'm so sorry ..... it's always something, isn't it?

I hope you get a good night's rest and find that Cindy breezes through the rest of this ..... sending you good thoughts and e-hugs.

Tink

Honored Contributor

It is the hardest thing to watch our loved ones go through so much. Thank you for updating us and will keep the positive thoughts and strength going out to your wife and you. I hope you can get a bit of rest, even if it is only for an hour or two, so you can be a little refreshed for tomorrow. Hopefully you can get questions answered and everything will turn out even better than expected.

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry @hckynut.

Prayers for your wife and for you too.❤️

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor

Sending continued prayers your way.  Sure hope that good luck will come her way for the Endoscopy.  

Respected Contributor

John, know that you are in all of our hearts.

I hope the doctors can resolve the bleeding in the morning. 

Thankyou for taking the time to let us know.

hugs to you both.

henny

Respected Contributor

Renewed prayers! Glad they know what the problem is! I pray God will guide her doctors hands and first and easiest repair will work! Prayers for you, as well! Take care of yourself! You can't help her if you aren't well!😘

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Trusted Contributor

@hckynut - You and your wife, Cindy, are in my thoughts and prayers that all goes well.

Trusted Contributor

Sending Prayers for Cindy and You and the Medical Team.  YOU definitely need to take care of you so you can stand with Cindy through these days.-----tedEbear

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry for what your wife is going through. I will continue to keep her in my prayers and you are a wonderful husband John. She is lucky to have you.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles