Super Contributor

Update on my old Lab with vestibular syndrome...

The past few days have been a very frightening time for us...but things are getting better. Vestibular syndrome destroys their equilibrium, she has no balance, and the whole world is spinning. She has been tilted the the left since Thursday, and would not even put her head down or close her eyes all that day and night.

Yesterday she started resting a bit more comfortably, but getting her outside was a major struggle for even two people - she is a strong girl. She has still been eating and drinking well - cause she is a Lab and they never miss a meal LOL.

This morning I was alone with her, could not get her up by myself and she had an accident....I reassured her, she was OK. My son came home, we got her outside and she finally was able to poop (hasn't since Wednesday) she was even trying to walk around outside. We began to notice that her eye darting had stopped, she was able to focus and follow us around the room with her eyes. She has been struggling to sit up by herself since last night... finally her front came back, we have power steering again, and she can maneuver a bit. Now she is asleep on her right side - her head tilt is gone! Still no hind end, but that I can deal with ....have helped her through that problem many times.

She is an amazingly tough dog....I am so proud of her.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, please continue to remember her...it is still going to be a struggle for a time, but we are seeing major improvement.