Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh, I am most sorry to hear about this sad turn of events.  I cannot imagine your sorrow, but please know that you will be remembered in my prayers.  Sending you a big hug across the miles.  

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I'm not strong enough emotionally to go into all of the details, but I wanted you all to know that I transferred my husband to hospice care this afternoon.  It's not physically possible for me to do it at home as his dementia has taken full hold and he is combative at times, which breaks my heart, but I found a personal care home, very close to our house and he will be there, receiving hospice care.  The wheels just really came off in the last two weeks.

I am absolutely devastated.  We have been married for 29 years and have been together for 35 years.  Losing him will just about kill me.  

@gidgetgh @I'm so very sorry. This must be so difficult to bear. Sending you  many prayers of strength. 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Trusted Contributor

God give you strength.  You're in my thoughts.

Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh  Praying that God will bring you comfort , strength, wisdom, and grace to get thru this difficult time. 

Trusted Contributor

I am a widow, who lost her soulmate going on 9 years.  I felt the same way and when he was gone I felt as if the floor underneath me fell.  But, with baby steps I got through this and so will you dear lady.  I wish I was there to hug you.  Find a church, even if you have never gone I assure you will find comfort.  God Bless you and comfort you.

There is a book by Max Lucado, " You will get through this"  my daughter gave me when her dad, my husband graduated to Heaven. It was a great comfort.

Honored Contributor

@Calcgirl : Great advice. Sending you cyber 🤗,❤️❤️🙏🙏🙏 Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh : I am crying with you. Very difficult decision but the best for you and your precious DH. You have done everything possible and provided the very best care and love for your DH. Sending you cyber 🤗 and will continue to pray for the both of you. 😢😢😢🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗❤️❤️❤️Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh Losing him will knock you down for a good bit but not kill you.  No one wants that for you.  Heart  I am so sorry.  My family is looking into the same option at present for our loved one.  I am trying to invest in the fact that they wil be freed from a horrible existence and disease to make it easier to let them go but it's really hard to ask that of us, isn't it?  Heart  I will be praying for both of you.  

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh , thank you for taking the time to let us know.  I am praying for you and DH.  Such a difficult time for you, I can only imagine.  I am married for 43 years so I know your bond is long and deep.  Please take of yourself.  I hope you have some support through this.  May God give you strength.  LM

Honored Contributor

It is very difficult, you will survive,  but it takes so much out of one, i have been there, take care,and i am sorry.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.