Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh I'm going to ask you to do something very difficult, and that is to do small kind gentle things for yourself as you care for this dear man while teaming with his hospice care.

He will always be close to you, and will always know he is loved by you and is in your heart.

Trusted Contributor

I am so very sorry.

Respected Contributor

Re: Update on my husband

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh   keeping you and your husband in my daily prayers.  Your love for him, and his love for you, is very special.  You have always shown great love and care for him here.  You have so much love, thoughts and hugs for you here.  Friends that are here for you.  Please take care of yourself.  ((((Hugs))))

Respected Contributor

@Laura14   I’m so sorry for your loss.  Thinking of you.  ❤️❤️❤️

Honored Contributor

I am so very heart broken to hear this latest news. And I'm so very sorry you have to go through this at any time, but these times seem even more uncertain, trying and frightening. 

I know this has been an ongoing situation, but when the turns come, they shake us to the core, even though we understand they will be coming. We can only prepare our hearts so much.

I have a sideline understanding of what you are going through. My dad was sick my entire life, I grew up knowing he was dying. He passed when I was 18. It was horribly hard on my mom. They were the love of each other's lives, and it was a long hard road, 16 years after diagnosis, and years before that when things weren't right, but they didn't know what or why. 

She really never has fully gotten over it. If the love is deep, I don't think you do. And not just not getting over loosing him, but the long slow decline and being robbed of a full life together, an old age together (he died at 45, she was 43). 

I'm not sure I have anything I can say that will help, other than to say I'm so very sorry, and that you aren't alone. If nothing else, there are those of us here that feel your pain, lift you up in thought and prayer, and have walked the same kind of path you are on right now. We will be here to listen if you need to talk.

Valued Contributor

Thinking of you and dh daily.  Hope to see an update from you soon.  Hope that you're doing ok.