Respected Contributor

Sending thoughts and prayer your way. Life can be so beautiful, together with a loving spouse, but that much harder when we have to say goodbye. And sadly, the reality is that 80% of women outlive their husbands, so many of us will also face the same thing... It's just life. I guess we have to be thankful to have had a loving spouse for all those happy years together. 
Dr. Seuss:  " Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened"... 

But it's so hard anyway. ❣️

Honored Contributor

So sorry to hear this. Having him not far away and knowing he will be receiving good care is comforting. It sounds like you are doing all the best things for him that is humanly possible. I just now said a prayer for you both.     

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh ............Im so sorry that you are dealing with dementia.  It is an ugly and horrifying disease.

God bless you and your husband.  I will pray for you both.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Super Contributor

I am so sorry for what you are going through. You are doing what is best for both of you. Please take care of yourself because he still needs you. 

Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh 

My utmost thoughts and prayers go out to you and your hubby.  

Your final gift to your sweet hubby could be a prayer for peace from this terrible terrible disease.  Poor guy is not the same person.  Comfort and peace in this transitional time.  
Much love and hugs to you.  Will be thinking about your journey in these most troubling times. Bless you. 

Respected Contributor

I am so sorry to hear about your DH.  Please allow them to take care of him so you can take care of you now.  Caregivers are the most wonderful people in the world but sometimes neglect to take care of themselves.  Prayers during the most difficult days ahead of you.  May you find peace and comfort in the life you had with your DH for all these years.

Respected Contributor

I am so sorry.

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh 

6efb396280ecedc0c96444fcdc778969.jpg

Honored Contributor

I almost feel as if all of us are with you at this time, @gidgetgh. I hope you can feel our presence. Please consider us as part of your family.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I'm not strong enough emotionally to go into all of the details, but I wanted you all to know that I transferred my husband to hospice care this afternoon.  It's not physically possible for me to do it at home as his dementia has taken full hold and he is combative at times, which breaks my heart, but I found a personal care home, very close to our house and he will be there, receiving hospice care.  The wheels just really came off in the last two weeks.

I am absolutely devastated.  We have been married for 29 years and have been together for 35 years.  Losing him will just about kill me.  

I am so sorry for what you are going through. I know from personal experience how hard it is to come to the conclusion you need help, you just can't go it alone anymore. You do have to take care of yourself, I know you must feel guilty, but do forgive yourself. You are a loving wife and took care of your husband the best you could, it comes to the point where you run out of options. I wish the best for you and your husband.