Valued Contributor

Re: Update on my coworker vent

@Cakers3 

I am not watching her comings and goings. I only know she is doing this because there are only 2 doors into our office. I only know she is using the back door because I hear her at her desk talking to people after she comes in and as far as the bathroom, it is right across from my desk no matter which way you go. 

Yes, management has shown what spots are whose

cookin

Honored Contributor

She sounds like a person with a grandiose sense of entitlement.  

You're probably glad she is avoiding you at this point.  I would be!  Smiley Happy

People like that seldom change.

Respected Contributor

@cookinfreak Not to get you all cranked up, again, but this is what makes me crazy.

Is it a huge deal? Probably not.

Are you being ridiculous about it? NO.

I am pretty easy to get along with. I do all of the "right" things. It's just my personality.

And, then there are people that are pushy enough to get their own way most of the time & if you object you end up looking like a turd & people will call YOU out on it!

I suppose it is their personality to feel like they are deserving of whatever they can take.

Not mean or obnoxious, but will take anything that they can get away with. And, people let them, maybe because they look strong by taking?

I don't know, but do your job & hope she keeps staying out of your way.

Esteemed Contributor

@cookinfreak wrote:

@Cakers3 

I am not watching her comings and goings. I only know she is doing this because there are only 2 doors into our office. I only know she is using the back door because I hear her at her desk talking to people after she comes in and as far as the bathroom, it is right across from my desk no matter which way you go. 

cookin

@cookinfreak Please don't go back and explain your position. You don't have to do that, unless that is what you want to. I get your issue and update, as do many other posters  You are doing exactly what most people would do. I saw this when I was in the office too, and it is about respect. There is no need to put up reserved signs. At least you know your co-worker got the message by her avoidance of you. 

Honored Contributor

One tiny question....if management has *shown spots* for whoever, is the person who is out with Covid one of those spots?

Honored Contributor

I'm glad to hear that things are more civil now.  That's a step in the right direction.

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think @cookinfreak is way to worried in what this woman is doing. As I recall, @cookinfreak has a designated parking spot due to her age and perhaps seniority with the company, the woman knows this and was continuing to park in her spot.

I think the boss or someone needs to have a serious talk with her if she starts it back up.

I also think the coworker is being passive aggressive.

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@cookinfreak 

Thank you for the update.

Since she's going out of her way to avoid you, there's reason to believe she'll stay out of your space.

I'm sorry some have been unkind in their responses to your update and can understand if you are reluctant to keep us posted in future.

As for me, I don't  think you're  overly invested in this person's behavior toward you nor do I feel your behavior juvenile. 

I do find it curious that those who have suggested you let it go are not letting it go themselves.

Couldn't agree more. I too SMH at the responses of  "just let it go" and saying you shouldn't feel as you do. I'm sure I would feel just as you do and would bet all the others who say you're wrong would too.

Honored Contributor

@cookinfreak wrote:

@Cakers3 

cookin

@cookinfreak   Thank you for the update regarding management.  As I said, speaking only for myself.

As far as "letting it go"-that is being misunderstood.

I didn't say you were doing anything wrong; my point is that this appears to have been resolved in your favor.  What your co-worker does or does not do is nothing for you to be concerned over.

You have your space back, she uses a different door and doesn't pass by your work area to use the bathroom-it's the end of the parking space issue.

The fact that her NEW behavior is being noted is worth nothing.

Let her be as she is; and you just do your job without concern over something that will only be a problem if you let it.

I think I've been very fair in my responses; asking for clarification is not being mean; the whole story was not presented originally and the update now isn't about your space but about her current behavior.

Since your original vent was about the space, and your description of her not very flattering, this update is still unflattering but no longer about the parking space.

And as far as MY not letting this go, I didn't realize that a simple suggestion cannot be presented.  For your own peace of mind and work atmosphere.

Posters asked for an update regarding how management handled your parking problem and you have now answered in your reply to me.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Whether she still "goos" all over the men or doesn't walk by you is not relevant.  That is a personality conflict and we have no window into your workplace.

I did wish you well and I meant that sincerely. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh