Trusted Contributor

Re: Update on cat caught in trap.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 , I don't post much, mostly just read, including a lot of your posts.

However, I must say that you and your daughter are very special people.  To be so caring and concerned about that poor cat is just amazing.  All the best to you and your daughter.  

Super Contributor

Where is the cat?  I would like to donate to her vet bill if they are collecting.  🐈

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've had 2 pets lose legs, both to bone cancer.  Physically, the cat should be fine.  Hopefully, it will learn to trust humans more during it's recovery and will be adoptable in the future.  @CrazyKittyLvr2 thanks for caring so much for our furry friends!

Esteemed Contributor

@Neetgal2  That is so nice of you.  It's the Griffin Pond animal shelter in Clarks Summit,PA.

They have a Facebook page and you can see a pic pf her.

Honored Contributor

Retired Legal Secretary

God bless you and your daughter for your kindness, compassion and love for animals.  You are heroes to me.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@NickNack  I'm not sure she won't get adopted.  They are looking for someone to foster her or adopt her.  I think when she is better and has gotten used to people she will be fine.  

There are a couple of the strays we feed that are very friendly.  Then there are some you can't get near.

@CrazyKittyLvr2   I so hope she gets adopted.  That would be wonderful for her.  She could have a nice life from now on.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack  I hope someone adopts her.  DD and I were frantic trying to help her.

There are 2 very friendly outside cats.  We have found that no matter how friendly they are outside they do not like being brought in the house when their older. I've tried twice to bring one in and they went absolutely bat**** crazy. Literally climbed the walls.

Petunia was on a few weeks old and so was our Gizmo so they were okay.

How is Frankie feeling?  Also, how are you doing?  I've thought about you alot.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Frankie is doing much better today.  She didn't use the potty pads at all last night (2nd night in a row--has only used them during this problem).  She went outside this morning and only peed once.  That's pretty amazing.

I am so hoping the culture was read wrong or something and this was a UTI.  I can only wait on the BRAF test and see.  She will have that on Monday, but we have to wait a week on the results.

Thanks for asking about her.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Thank you for posting the outcome.  If possible, maybe this kitty losing her leg will be the best thing to ever happen to her if she gets adopted by a good home and has a wonderful life with warmth, hugs, kisses, treats and a familiar place to call her home.

Yes, thank you and your daughter so very much for saving this kitty and taking care of the other homeless ones in your neck of the woods.

As far as your neighbor is concerned, I hope he gets what he deserves and sooner rather than later.  Makes my blood boil.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

Spoiler

@NickNack  I will watch for your updates on little Frankie.  I'm glad she's feeling better.

Good thoughts for your sister too.

Please take care of yourself.