Trusted Contributor

Update on boy thrown from balcony at MOA

Boy thrown from MOA balcony remains in intensive care

According to an update on Landen's GoFundMe page, the 5-year-old has had more than 15 procedures since the attack.

Some early reports were incorrect in downplaying injuries.

Honored Contributor

Re: Update on boy thrown from balcony at MOA

That is so sad.I hope that he will be able to live a healthy normal life when all of these medical procedures are completed.I thought he was out of the hospital and doing ok.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

That is so sad.I hope that he will be able to live a healthy normal life when all of these medical procedures are completed.I thought he was out of the hospital and doing ok.

Me too. I have read various reports that he only had broken bones. I've even seen it reported on tv. Poor little guy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for the update; I'd forgotten about him.  I'm sorry he's still in ICU but glad that he's survived.

(FYI: MOA = Mall of America).

Honored Contributor

Like others, I thought this young boy was recuperating and even out of the hospital.  Sad to know that he is enduring all this and needing so many procedures.

The poor little guy.  May he heal well, beyond expectation.

Respected Contributor

"While the miracle of his survival is what we celebrate and thank Jesus for every day, we must also acknowledge that our beautiful boy has been on a very challenging road to recovery,'' the family said in a statement to NBC News on Wednesday.

The latest update revealed the severity of injuries he continues to face.

"The injuries and severe complications have now resulted in more than 15 separate medical procedures or surgeries, including surgeries for two broken arms and a broken leg, removal of his spleen, procedures for fluid in his lungs and stomach, as well as for facial and skull fractures; and just this past weekend, he had a stent placed in a vein that runs through his liver because of the serious complications he continues to endure."

"Throughout, your support has lifted each of us and reminded us of the power of God’s love. But our focus must continue to be solely on his recovery and the health of our entire family. Thanks again to each of you for your prayers and best wishes. Please continue to pray for him."

Honored Contributor

I don't recall reading any reports that down played the child's injuries.  They all said he had multiple, devasting injuries that would require many surgeries and a long recovery.  I took that to mean internal injures, fractures, spinal injuries.  But he's so young and young children often surprise us.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr wrote:

Thank you for the update; I'd forgotten about him.  I'm sorry he's still in ICU but glad that he's survived.

(FYI: MOA = Mall of America).

@ValuSkr: I appreciate you spelling it out. Smiley Happy 

Trusted Contributor

I remember this story, it was "supposedly" the family's pastor who made statements that the child was okay and not severly injured.

The the family made a statement correcting the pastor. 

That was the last I heard.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

if that was MY kid - the responsible P.O.S. would already be dead.