Respected Contributor

Not a fan of townhouses as they are often two stories and have trouble navigating stairs and carrying an oxygen tank.  Many of us perfer ranch style homes for that reason.

Respected Contributor

@gloriajean 

Congratulations! I am a bit confused, though. Whe you say you never saw any houses that had one, what are you talking about? 

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Not a fan of townhouses as they are often two stories and have trouble navigating stairs and carrying an oxygen tank.  Many of us perfer ranch style homes for that reason.

@Reever  The op said her townhouse is one story.

Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Reever wrote:

There are a lot of Town Houses that are one story and that is what she found.

Honored Contributor

@gloriajean   You will surely enjoy your townhome.   I know I did.  I had a wrought iron fence around the patio and I would plant Impatiens around the basement windows.   May you have many years of happiness.  Congratulations.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, this is actually called a Patio Home, not a townhouse. I just found that out. Everything we need is one story and only one step to get into it.

What I was talking about before is I never saw any china cabinets anywhere in the dining areas.  Only table and chairs, so that must be old fashioned.. It has a gorgious patio off the Livingroom, and it's all privacy fenced. Closing is July 15th.  Can hardly wait, 

Respected Contributor

@Lucylu12 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Reever wrote:

There are a lot of Town Houses that are one story and that is what she found.

Im so glad, I worry many older people downsize to townhouses and then have problems going up stairs.  Thank you for the clarification. In my opinion eveyone over 70 should be in a 1 level home.

Respected Contributor

@gloriajean 

Thanks for the explanation. And, once again, congrats on your patio home! 

As others have said, you'll really appreciate being on one level.

Trusted Contributor

Congratulations!  Start packing & weeding thru your items! Woman Happy

Enjoy!

Valued Contributor

286CD3C0-81BA-49A0-AE1E-A4B4A2CE6C68.jpeg