Esteemed Contributor

Re: Update on NY? What's going on there now (due to the Pandemic)?

Invitation to Scold. . Geeesh. Y'all never stop.

Esteemed Contributor

Everything the City has to offer?  Broadway doesn't open until September 14th.

Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

There is more to do than Broadway although rehearsals are starting and those out of work are starting to get back to it. Just yesterday the cast from Come From Away was applauded by throngs of people as they made their way back to the theatre. It's all about perspective. I choose to enjoy the city I live in and not let inconsequntial and minor things affect my enjoyment of it.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

If you see shots of 6th Ave and W.48th at rush hour there are no traffic jams and no one is out walking.  

It's just my opinion but it's going to be a long time, maybe never, before it comes back.

Trusted Contributor

Until the tourists come back, then I'll believe in its recovery but crime is a huge issue and tourists want to feel safe. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

If you see shots of 6th Ave and W.48th at rush hour there are no traffic jams and no one is out walking.  

It's just my opinion but it's going to be a long time, maybe never, before it comes back.

@Johnnyeager  Broadway isn't the end-all be-all indicator of an active NYC.  There are lots of other things to do in the meantime.

@CelticCrafter  That's because tele-commuting has become more popular and doable, so a crowded rush hour or not doesn't mean anything either.

I haven't seen as many people outside in my neighborhood since before the pandemic.  Thankfully, the majority are still wearing masks.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

Well, the reason I asked, thanks for those answers, is that I'm holding out hope for the Nov. and Dec. holidays, that we use to see on t.v.  You just don't get all that where I'm from.  But it's more that it's an old tradition, that all kinds of people turn out for and enjoy together.  I so want for togetherness again.  Didn't ask about shots, etc., I'm more interested in the people.  Thanks for the answers. I want to see dancing in the streets.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal wrote:

Well, the reason I asked, thanks for those answers, is that I'm holding out hope for the Nov. and Dec. holidays, that we use to see on t.v.  You just don't get all that where I'm from.  But it's more that it's an old tradition, that all kinds of people turn out for and enjoy together.  I so want for togetherness again.  Didn't ask about shots, etc., I'm more interested in the people.  Thanks for the answers. I want to see dancing in the streets.

Surely you know that can happen as long as the majority of people get vaccinated and we reach herd immunity, and that in the meantime people take proper precautions.  *That's* the answer to your hope for Nov. and Dec. holidays.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm currently at a restaurant on 8th and 48th which otherwise depends heavily upon Broadway and international tourists.   Please come and join  me.  They will love the incremental business.  My treat  

Honored Contributor

@reiki604 

My body, my choice.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

@reiki604 wrote:

Given there is a CVS, Walgreens or Duane Reed on almost every block, in addition to the multiple city and state centers all over the city, I can't understand how you cannot find the injection you are looking for. Unless it is simply an excuse for not getting one.