Honored Contributor

Update on NY? What's going on there now (due to the Pandemic)?

I feel like when I can look at the t.v. and NY looks like it use to, I'll feel a lot better.  

What's going on there with the people now?

Respected Contributor

Re: Update on NY? What's going on there now (due to the Pandemic)?

[ Edited ]

We are almost at 50% fully vaccinated rate and the city is moving forward. Broadway will be reopening as well as most activities are already opened to some degree. Most people are wearing masks as indicated. You can't keep NY down. 

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

Wonderful!Smiley Happy

Hopefully, other cities will be following along with the same news!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in a residential section of Manhattan ... East Side.  Masks not needed if vaxxed and out of doors.  But - not many non-maskers on the streets.  

Nothing unusual going on here - normal activity  .... lots of people on the street, lots of (buses, trucks, emergency vehicles, cars) traffic both last night and this morning.  More than the usual number of bike riders.

Went to vigil Mass last night - at pandemic capacity.  Watched the televised Mass online this morning - looked like a capacity attendance again.  

Went to supermarket this morning around 11:30 - usual number of shoppers.  

Between the supermarket and my apartment, I pass 4 restaurants with outdoor dining - there were people waiting to be seated at one of them (Japanese). 

I was rather surprised there were so many people out so early for lunch on Sunday - just a little past noon.  Obviously - people eating aren't wearing masks.

Rain is forecast for this afternoon - so that may be the reason for the early diners.

One new restaurant opened last week ... lots of outside and roof dining.

Another is expected to open in about two weeks.

Lots of traffic - both last night and this morning.  Streets are full of people. 

Still can't get Pfizer appt at my preferred location and I'm not going anywhere else or accepting any other vaxx.

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA   I'm still on the fence so........may I ask why you are holding out for

Pfizer?

Location I can understand - convenience - but interested in your thinking.

You might help in my decision..

Thanx...............

Honored Contributor

Huh?  I'm not sure what you are talking about.  NY has one of the highest percentages of vaccinated people.  Restaurants, stores, schools etc are open.  Mask requirements have been greatly reduced.  Things are looking  good and not just NY for all states where people are getting vaccinated.  

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Wonderful!Smiley Happy

Hopefully, other cities will be following along with the same news.

Cities?????   Everyone in the country should get vaccinated to defeat the virus and get back to normal.  

Esteemed Contributor

FYI:  Virtually every business establishment in NYC is still requiring masks to enter and they are still mandatory on all public transportation. 

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I live in a residential section of Manhattan ... East Side.  Masks not needed if vaxxed and out of doors.  But - not many non-maskers on the streets.  

Nothing unusual going on here - normal activity  .... lots of people on the street, lots of (buses, trucks, emergency vehicles, cars) traffic both last night and this morning.  More than the usual number of bike riders.

Went to vigil Mass last night - at pandemic capacity.  Watched the televised Mass online this morning - looked like a capacity attendance again.  

Went to supermarket this morning around 11:30 - usual number of shoppers.  

Between the supermarket and my apartment, I pass 4 restaurants with outdoor dining - there were people waiting to be seated at one of them (Japanese). 

I was rather surprised there were so many people out so early for lunch on Sunday - just a little past noon.  Obviously - people eating aren't wearing masks.

Rain is forecast for this afternoon - so that may be the reason for the early diners.

One new restaurant opened last week ... lots of outside and roof dining.

Another is expected to open in about two weeks.

Lots of traffic - both last night and this morning.  Streets are full of people. 

Still can't get Pfizer appt at my preferred location and I'm not going anywhere else or accepting any other vaxx.

Given there is a CVS, Walgreens or Duane Reed on almost every block, in addition to the multiple city and state centers all over the city, I can't understand how you cannot find the injection you are looking for. Unless it is simply an excuse for not getting one.

Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

FYI:  Virtually every business establishment in NYC is still requiring masks to enter and they are still mandatory on all public transportation. 

Andl yet we are getting on with life and everything the city has to offer.