Honored Contributor

Re: Update on My Whirlpool Cambrio Washer

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

We splurged and bought a new Speed Queen washer.  They have the highest ratings on all consumer reports.

It is a top load, heavy metal machine with a good agitator.

Our Sears Kenmore lasted 35 years.  

@FancyPhillyshopper 

big fan of speed queen. our last washer dryer purchase was a speed queen with a seven year warranty.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I mentioned that my Lowes warranty was still good - for one more week - when the motor in my Whirlpool Cabrio washer broke. I went to Lowes 2 days ago - and bought another Whirlpool Cabrio - the price was good - and I like the basic dials - no electronic buttons to push. I needed a washer and didn't want to wait to find out if the broken motor was under warranty.

This morning I went back to Lowes to cancel the washer - as I decided to contact Lowes on the phone to confirm that my warrranty covered the broken motor. First I called Whirlpool, then Lowes ------- no one answers when u call. The music kept playing - after holding on for 1-1/2 hours, I finally reached a female at Lowes who said it's hard to get parts - and she'll call me next week.

I've been without a working washer for 2 weeks now.

I went back to Lowes today - it was lucky that I did. This very nice female Ana helped me - as I was in tears - from all the stress dealing with the warranty and not getting any information.

I told her that I cancelled the washer this morning - which I purchased 2 days ago. She checked my order - and the guy at Lowes who sold me the washer -- worked in the plumbing dept - as no one was at the Appliance Desk. He screwed up the order. He wrote it up as "Do not hook up washer." "Do not take away the old washer." "Do not replace the metal hoses."

Ana wrote up a new purchase and added the $30 cost to do the above. Most of the employees have shorter hours - and some have been laid off.

Moral of the story: Don't let a guy who works in Plumbing - sell u a major appliance.

Delivery is tomorrow around noon,

Finally - I'll have a washer.

Respected Contributor

LG is ****** samsung is great with tv's not wth fridges had one, wow do reserach with brands before you buy. Some appliances is on a wait list. China is not giving up parts or appliances but good you got one;