Honored Contributor

Re: Update on Missing Neighbor

Maybe "skinny" man is ill and being treated at a location out of town and wifey is with him.

Someone had to extend the mail hold and the FBI wouldn't do that if they were in witness protection and were 'moved' to another location.

All ties and traces of them would just disappear, no mail hold, no vehicles left behind, nothing.

SIL is with the FBI and he's a 'handler' for a couple of these cases.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

This sounds like an episode on the ID channel.  I hope your neighbor is ok.

Is there anyone you can contact such as a relative?

I believe if it were me I would contact the police and maybe consider filing a missing persons report.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

More likely they are criminals in hiding. Until recently, they seem to have ample cash, no visitors, keep to themselves and go away for long periods from time to time.

If that's the situation, I wonder if there's a reward for turning them in. Too late now since they've disappeared.

Esteemed Contributor

Let us know when they find them. Could be witness protection or they had to run and hide from someone.  

Honored Contributor

I hope they had no pets.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

OP didn't mention their ages, ie., whether still working age.  There could have been a temporary job reassignment.

Also, perhaps a parent or family member became ill out of state or as someone else mentioned one of them required extensive medical treatment in another state.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Most people we know have two homes and go back and forth, either on weekends or for the winter or summer season. Or maybe they took a long “bucket list” trip? It doesn’t sound unusual, except for the utility nonpayment.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I'm really surprised this thread isn't filled with 'mind your own business' replies, as is usual when people post things like this about neighbors. 

I know I would certainly be wondering. 

I'd say to act on that wonder would be wrong though, as they did (or someone did) put a stop to their mail and put the cars in the usual "we are gone" location. 

Funny thing is, that even if/when they return, it is likely no one will know what was up, if they tend to keep to themselves so much. 

I would hope nothing bad has happened. Not a horrible crime even, but like mentioned, hope they are healthy and fine.

That is true.  But, at least we would know they were ok.  

Respected Contributor

I cannot believe the people on here sticking their noses in others business. I am friendly with neighbors but do not stick my nose in their business. If they want me to know something they tell me. I don't watch who comes & goes etc.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm from The South.  We never mind our own business.