Esteemed Contributor

Re: Update on Jay Leno's Burns

I loved his night show when he was on.  He didn't get political.

Tried Jimmy Kimble and use to like him until he went the way of the view and now won't watch either anymore.

I do watch his program, You bet your life.  He is funny on that and has Kevin Eubanks with him.  They must be reruns because they are on everyday on channel 2 fix here in Ca. from 2pm to 2:30.  Pleasant show.

Respected Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

I loved his night show when he was on.  He didn't get political.

Tried Jimmy Kimble and use to like him until he went the way of the view and now won't watch either anymore.

I do watch his program, You bet your life.  He is funny on that and has Kevin Eubanks with him.  They must be reruns because they are on everyday on channel 2 fix here in Ca. from 2pm to 2:30.  Pleasant show.

Game shows are taped year round they can tape a whole years worth in just a couple of months, taping 3 to 5 a day

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

My thoughts are with him.  

He's the only show host (daytime or nightime) that I liked.  Can't change the channel fast enough now.

Just curious ... I'm seeing this done now on this forum.  Why the comment with the strikes through the words?  Does that mean someone wanted to say something but then changed their mind and didn't want to use the delete button?

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the update.  I'm glad to know he's going to be okay.

Respected Contributor

Jay Leno is one of the good guys in entertainment. He's, by history, a kind, caring person. He seems to have deep sentiments.

He's been married for 42 years, and even still owns his very first car. He's a keeper of people and things, with many long term, supportive friends. He also contributes to multiple charities and isn't one to brag about it.

So, it's little surprise, that even with his serious injuries, he was reported to be passing out cookies to hospitalized kids.  

I hope he has a very successful outcome with his treatment. He will, no doubt, receive the best care available. 

Valued Contributor

@BlueFinch   Well said!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

He may make a full recovery... but his scars will be life changing.

I watched a report with a doctor last night and he said Jay's already had some skin grafts but will require more surgery. That has to be painful.

Respected Contributor

@colliemom4 Oh yes, painful for sure!  Anyone who cooks knows how painful even a small burn can be.  He must be on quite some pain meds.  I'm so sorry this happened to him.

Respected Contributor

Jay Leno was discharged from the hospital Monday following a 10-day stint at the Grossman Burn Center after receiving multiple surgeries for third-degree burns suffered on his face and hands from a fire in his Burbank garage.

Dr. Peter Grossman told Fox News Digital, "I am pleased with Jay’s progress, and I am optimistic that he will make a full recovery."

Jay Leno saying goodbyes to The Grossman Burn Center Care Team.

Jay Leno saying goodbyes to The Grossman Burn Center Care Team. (Grossman Burn Center)

"Jay would like to let everyone know how thankful he is for the care he received, and is very appreciative of all of the well wishes," the Grossman Burn Center said in a statement.

"He is looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with his family and friends and wishes everyone a wonderful holiday." 

Leno smiled while standing next to a few of the team members at the center in West Hills who helped in his recovery efforts before heading back home.

Jay had at least two surgeries while at the burn center, one was a "surgical excision and grafting procedure." He also required the use of a hyperbaric chamber to help provide better blood flow and decrease bacteria.

"He seems to be a gentleman who really doesn't want to make a big deal of this," Grossman said during a press conference last week. "He wants to get back to work, that's what he does. I had to tell him that he needs to step back a bit and that these things take time. I feel that he will be back to work sometime soon."

Respected Contributor

Have always enjoyed Jay Leno! Great to see he is looking and doing better than I would have expected, given the horrific nature of his accident. He is fortunate to have been treated at such a renowned facility for burn treatment.