Respected Contributor

Update from my post of 7/12/16 re: hip/thigh pain post Left Knee replacement May 2015

7/12/16 "Left Knee replacement May 2015, over the last month or so I have started having left hip pain on arising in the am and off and on during the day. It's not bad enough to take a pain pill just annoying  and it radiates down my leg. Anyone else develop this problem and if so  did it resolve or did you end up seeing the doctor ?  I sure hope it's not leading to a hip replacement.  I just retired in April trying to enjoy life now,  know what I mean ?' 

Many of you provided great suggestions and feedback, I so appreciate it. The severe spasm type pain continued, my PCP placed me on gabapentin once daily for nerve pain which didn't help much so I did have a MRI of my back in December  which showed minimal disc bulge normal with aging, no need for surgery thank goodness. I am now in therapy, and traction,  increased gabapentin to 3 times a day, I can now get out of bed in the am with less pain so happy to say but I still have some discomfort in my thigh and down my left leg and take an occasional Ibuprofen up to 600 mg at a dose. My doc says epidural steroid injection is next step if no full recovery.  Therapist agrees symptoms are back related.  I never thought a knee replacement could cause the back problems but I can understand it since I think my gait has changed. I was also referred to a podiatrist who has me in a right foot brace due to foot pain.  If you are in line for a knee replacement, I wish you all the best and no problems like I have had.  My right knee pops but unless it is so severe that I cannot walk, no more knee replacements for me !!  Just sayin  !!  This has gone on for at least  8 months !  Thanks for reading my rant
Honored Contributor

Re: Update from my post of 7/12/16 re: hip/thigh pain post Left Knee replacement May 2015

I would think if you have 2 arthritic knees and only get one replaced that would put your hips and back uneven and could be the cause of your problems. I would ask the rehab doctor about that.

Respected Contributor

Re: Update from my post of 7/12/16 re: hip/thigh pain post Left Knee replacement May 2015

kinda sounds like I'm falling apart at the seams doesn't it ?  Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Sorry, you are going through such a rough time. Here's hoping that your recovery will progress swiftly this year and you regain good health!

Honored Contributor

Glad to hear you at least know what it is you are dealing with.  Sometimes when it rains, it pours. I have had a year like that in 2016.  Hope 2017 will find you improving with every day.

Valued Contributor

I didn't see your previous posts, but if you have a Postural Restoration certified therapist located near you, it might help.  Good luck!