Esteemed Contributor

Re: Update: It's happening - I am retiring!

You will be entering a new chapter in your lives.  There will be so many wonderful things to explore that you were  not able to participate in while working.  Enjoy every minute of everyday in your new world.  

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Awwwww!  I hope you find a new freshness and happiness in every day!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Congratulations!  It may be an adjustment for a bit but it will be wonderful.

May you and your hubby experience many years ahead of good health, much joy and doing whatever you choose to do whether it be traveling, relaxing quietly at home, taking local trips, being with friends and family, whatever makes you happy.  Make some new memories along the way!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Investing well afforded early retirement 2014 sold my home moving live closer to family enriching life in all sorts of ways. Wishing you all the best!

Honored Contributor

Enjoy!!!

Respected Contributor

congrats to you both!  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

When you’ve gotten through the first rush, take some time to focus on the most important thing you thought about doing while you were working, then let nothing keep you from doing it. 

It it took me 12 years post retirement to “find my bliss”, and now, after about 7 months of addressing my goal, it’s getting better than anything I could have imagined.

Blessings!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@tarsmom , wonderful news!  LM

Honored Contributor

That's really great!  You won't regret it.  Isn't it a relief now that you've made your decision and your DH, too?  I am truly so happy that I did it.  Of course, it's been an adjustment but all in all, the good far outweighs the bad!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Regular Contributor

Congratulations @tarsmom! I'm right there with you... I'm retiring in April of next year, and cannot wait!