Respected Contributor

Re: 💚🛫Bethenny Frankel: 5 planes & counting!

That's great!  I don't know a lot about her, but I remember seeing a biography about her.  She had a rough childhood, sometimes frightening.  Glad she overcame those obstacles and became successful.

Esteemed Contributor

I wish Bethany no harm. All I was trying to say that our country has lost its way, revering people who make money selling stuff that nobody really needs. With all the troubles in the world, I cannot respect someone who has acquired wealth through being on TV and selling stuff that may not be what anyone really wants. I’ve been around for a long time, old enough to remember that fame came with talent and skills. Bethany may have the skills to enhance her bank account but, sorry folks, I see nothing that warrants our reverence or our money.

Respected Contributor

Good for her...I love strong women who get things done!!

Honored Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

I wish Bethany no harm. All I was trying to say that our country has lost its way, revering people who make money selling stuff that nobody really needs. With all the troubles in the world, I cannot respect someone who has acquired wealth through being on TV and selling stuff that may not be what anyone really wants. I’ve been around for a long time, old enough to remember that fame came with talent and skills. Bethany may have the skills to enhance her bank account but, sorry folks, I see nothing that warrants our reverence or our money.

@Vivian

You can't respect someone who is using her wealth and ability to help people who are in the midst of tragedy?

Who DO you respect then?

Honored Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

How much of what you buy do you need and how much do you want? 

I'm not a huge Bethenny fan but she does have business skills and talent.  She didn't make her fortune from being on a reality show.  Yes that helped get her company off the ground I'm sure but she created a brand.

But besides that, this woman is doing something for people who are in a horrible situation.  Regardless of what anyone thinks about her normally I would think you have to give her kudos for that.     

Respected Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

@Vivian-----I've not seen your posts before but it does appear that you are bright and well meaning.

i did not get the impression that anyone is revering BF for selling her product which you and I may not need/want but, based on results, hundreds of thousands of people do. I certainly do not agree with THAT  being an indicator of our country losing our way.......

You are certainly free to not give BF your money and/or your respect but that does not, in any way, negate or diminish what she has done for the people of Puerto Rico.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

5...FIVE....private planes & counting!

Wow....now THAT’S good news!

Fill them & serve the people of PR!

Article says 4 but MaryKay just donated another plane. 

http://people.com/tv/bethenny-frankel-charters-four-planes-to-aid-hurricane-maria-victims/

@sidsmom Heart

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple

It’s so inspiring to see her Twitter feed.

She’s connecting people & delivering...amazing platform

(Twitter/Instagram) to help so many. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

She's a successful businesswoman who has worked very hard for a long time.  What she sells are clearly products that people want.  If not, no one would buy them and she wouldn't be successful.

She didn't acquire wealth from being on TV - She acquired it by being intellligent, working her butt off, and giving the public what they want at prices they're willing to pay. She's also created jobs and stimulated the economy. That's what free enterprise is all about.

You may not like her personally, and  you may not respect her, and of course that's your right.  But she's a very successful businesswoman who clearly is not sitting back in a golden palace with no regard for the less fortunate.  She's reaching out in a meaningful way to people who are desperately in need.   She has a history of doing a lot of charity work, not just this, and IMO that's good enough reason to respect her.  I agree that TV, movies, etc.. have created fame and adulation for some people who are not deserving.  But I really don't see how Bethenny fits into that category at all.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

@Vivian

You can't respect someone who is using her wealth and ability to help people who are in the midst of tragedy?

Who DO you respect then?

@QueenDanceALot. Based upon her posts on this thread, I don't think anyone really cares who she respects.