Respected Contributor

Upcoming Stimulus Check Reminder

In January people on this forum helped me understand why I didn't receive the full $600. I think there has been more information in the news about income limits for the proposed $1400 check.

I never file my taxes until the last minute, but if I did that this year the upcoming stimulus check would have been based on my 2019 income, which was unusually high. So I spent the afternoon today doing my taxes online.

Fellow procrastinators: Checks will start going out soon after the legislation is passed, and the amount will be based on your most recent IRS filing. If your 2020 income is lower than your 2019 and will affect the amount you will receive, get it done now.

I believe there is some way to resolve the disparity if you file your taxes late, but better to avoid having to do that.

Honored Contributor

Re: Upcoming Stimulus Check Reminder

LOL...thanks for the reminder.  I had forgotten about it.  Now it's like here we go again!  I wonder how they will do it this time.  The bill should be signed on Tuesday.  So I'm guessing the checks will roll out the following day. 

Regular Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

In January people on this forum helped me understand why I didn't receive the full $600. I think there has been more information in the news about income limits for the proposed $1400 check.

I never file my taxes until the last minute, but if I did that this year the upcoming stimulus check would have been based on my 2019 income, which was unusually high. So I spent the afternoon today doing my taxes online.

Fellow procrastinators: Checks will start going out soon after the legislation is passed, and the amount will be based on your most recent IRS filing. If your 2020 income is lower than your 2019 and will affect the amount you will receive, get it done now.

I believe there is some way to resolve the disparity if you file your taxes late, but better to avoid having to do that.

Wow, this is so great.  We had our taxes done today because my spouse didn't receive his 2nd stimulus check.  That website of Get My Payment stopped being updated by the IRS a long time ago!  I got frustrated with all the hoopla so we just had a tax preparer do it for us.  She told us the same thing you did plus now the IRS will direct deposit our checks.  Last year we received paper checks for some reason.  So do your taxes right away!

Regular Contributor

@songbird wrote:

LOL...thanks for the reminder.  I had forgotten about it.  Now it's like here we go again!  I wonder how they will do it this time.  The bill should be signed on Tuesday.  So I'm guessing the checks will roll out the following day. 

My sister received her last stimulus check the next day after the bill was passed!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yea and some prison inmates will get checks  such as the Boston Bomber  and  other infamous  murderers.

Respected Contributor

they have been talking about giving us 1400 for awhile now.i will believe it when I see it in my account. If u remember ppl,this was a promise from the new president

Honored Contributor

I had to go online and fill out a form since I did not pay taxes for several years and I received the $600 check deposited directly in my bank account.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

do they file income taxes? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

@PickyPicky3 

The key point here is to file your taxes ONLINE.  If you send in a paper tax return, it will sit in a pile for who knows how long.   

Sending in paper returns, or even writing a letter, may sound good to some, but right now the IRS has MOUNTAINS of mail no one has looked at yet, and who knows how long it will take to go through it all ... and in what order.