Esteemed Contributor

Re: Upbeat News from Our Wildfires

@Estellee They tell me we have power. We do not have internet or cable TV. TDS which is our supplier had its hub into the area burned. Some estimates are six to eight weeks. I did see an optimistic report yesterday that phones were working.

I did the frozen ice with a quarter on top in the refrigerator freezers. I should know if power was out and if our food is safe. My neighbor is going back Tuesday or Wednesday. I will let him help us decide to stay here or go up there.  I need some prescriptions filled at the neighborhood pharmacy, and I forgot my mouth guard.  We will go in with the second home group. That return date has not been announced.

Respected Contributor

@On It I'm glad things are looking up for you. Your neighbor sounds like one in a million!

Esteemed Contributor

Highway 70 from Ruidoso to Alamogordo, Las Cruces, and El Paso has opened at the Mescalero Summit where the Salt Fire originated. This is huge news towards getting people and goods in and out of Ruidoso. UPS has a center in Alamogordo that serves the communities on the mountain.