Honored Contributor

Re: Up to what age should children (boy and girl siblings) bathe together?

In my family, until about 6 or 7. This applied to me and my brothers, as well as my son and daughter. If they've grown up together, they don't notice or even care much about the different body parts.
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/31/2015 september said: In my family, until about 6 or 7. This applied to me and my brothers, as well as my son and daughter. If they've grown up together, they don't notice or even care much about the different body parts.

I agree. It's the adults who seem to have a problem about little boys and girls bathing together. The kids don't have any hang-ups about one being an inney, and one being an outty. That's all on the adults.

Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

And can I add that when kids are young like this, there should always be a parent present while they're in the tub, for safety reasons. So...on the off chance that one was getting "interested" in the other one's anatomy, this would be noted right away. But I haven't seen that kind of interest. My kids were always more interested in their bath toys, than each other.
Trusted Contributor

I see no problem with bathing tiny children (under two, perhaps) together, regardless of gender. Till about three or four, I'd be fine with having same-gender kids share a tub or shower if need be. After that, kids should bathe alone and should be taught appropriate rules of modesty, privacy, and self respect. Obviously, small children should always be supervised by an adult while in the tub or shower.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a boy and a girl (now adults). They are 2 years apart and I never bathed them in the same water.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Baths: Alone, so they can each be in clean water. Showers: Together, when they are very young, same gender. Each could sit on their own shower bench, learning how to suds themselves, etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

What about sleeping in the same bedroom?

Super Contributor

Super Contributor

I would not bathe boys and girls together.