Honored Contributor

Re: Up to what age should children (boy and girl siblings) bathe together?

I don't know about same bedrooms.........It depends on the amount of living space; if there are enough bedrooms for the girls to be separate from the boys, etc. I'm sure other posters here will have some suggestions/opinions.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I've known of many boy/girl siblings who had to share bedrooms for economic reasons. It worked. Mine always had their own rooms, but I don't thnk it HAS to be that way.
Honored Contributor

September: I agree. It's what I was feeling at first thought.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

On 3/31/2015 MomOf4 said:
On 3/31/2015 Ford1224 said:

I had four girls and bathed them two at a time. I can't remember when they started taking showers, but they were young, they wanted to and I let them. I did have to help them with their hair though, because they all had very long hair.

Great minds of moms with 4 daughters think alike Ford!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Yep! We sure do. I am so grateful that I had girls, and I'll bet you are also. My oldest daughter's son went to live with his father in Delaware at age 15 and we don't even see him once a year, he never calls or texts. He has said he "doesn't have time for family."

My little daughter who now lives with me has a son going to college, but is coming up with some strange ideas now, like flying to the Netherlands and hiking through the mountains. He is 18.

My beloved sister's son was a disaster and still is (he is 54 now).

My girls, except for my oldest, have stuck around and I don't know what I would do without them.

I am sure that is not true of all families and posters here who have great sons. But in our family, that's how it goes.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I never bathed mine together. As soon as they were old enough, they took showers. I always felt it was sort of disgusting to sit in "dirty" water with another sibling. LOL

Super Contributor

On 4/1/2015 brii said:

I never bathed mine together. As soon as they were old enough, they took showers. I always felt it was sort of disgusting to sit in "dirty" water with another sibling. LOL

Exactly how I feel. I don't even like baths myself...unless it is just to relax. I feel like the water gets full of soap scum, dirt, and body oils. Aren't you supposed to bathe to get clean? If I do take a bath for relaxation, I take a quick shower afterward.

I didn't even bathe my two daughters in the same water...although I'm sure it would have been fine. I think if you really want to bathe baby boys and girls together, maybe up to the age of two...but not beyond that.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Respected Contributor

I had two girls and once they were beyond the baby bath stage, I gave them showers. I don't like the idea of sitting in dirty water either. But for those who take baths, I think I'd give boys and girls separate baths around age 3.

Regular Contributor

Up until my son was 5 and ready to begin kindergarten he and his 2 year old sister bathed together but I was always in the room with them. I figured once he started to school and was exposed to all kinds it was best to stop.

Super Contributor

On 4/1/2015 Ford1224 said:
On 3/31/2015 MomOf4 said:
On 3/31/2015 Ford1224 said:

I had four girls and bathed them two at a time. I can't remember when they started taking showers, but they were young, they wanted to and I let them. I did have to help them with their hair though, because they all had very long hair.

Great minds of moms with 4 daughters think alike Ford!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Yep! We sure do. I am so grateful that I had girls, and I'll bet you are also. My oldest daughter's son went to live with his father in Delaware at age 15 and we don't even see him once a year, he never calls or texts. He has said he "doesn't have time for family."

My little daughter who now lives with me has a son going to college, but is coming up with some strange ideas now, like flying to the Netherlands and hiking through the mountains. He is 18.

My beloved sister's son was a disaster and still is (he is 54 now).

My girls, except for my oldest, have stuck around and I don't know what I would do without them.

I am sure that is not true of all families and posters here who have great sons. But in our family, that's how it goes.

Thats so sad. I have two wonderful sons. I cant imagine that type of estrangement from ones children.
Super Contributor

Young kids have great times together in the tub. There's toys and splashing and fun. I don't know what the cut off is, but I think it's healthy that they understand gender differences early on and not make a big deal of it. Later on, it is evident that boys and girls don't bath together because kids become modest as they get older, among other things.