Honored Contributor

Re: Up, Up and Away in Albuquerque Today

@Kachina624 wrote:

@just bee    Did you see that cute white poodle face balloon that flew this morning?  I wish I could find a picture to post. 

Finally saw a splash 'n dash in the river right before the TV went off the air this morning. It became a bit breezy about 8:30am.  There were some hard landings. 

@Kachina624 

How'd I miss that one?

The Balloon Fiesta website used to have photos of all the special shapes but that doesn't seem to be the case this year.

I'll have to keep an eye open for the poodle!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Elodie2 wrote:

Beautiful!  Didn't QVC broadcast live from that one year?   I think Jill Bauer hosted.

@Elodie2    I think QVC was here at the Fiesta several times.  I think Jill was with Carolyn Pollack.  Too bad they didn't continue that. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Elodie2 wrote:

Beautiful!  Didn't QVC broadcast live from that one year?   I think Jill Bauer hosted.

@Elodie2    I think QVC was here at the Fiesta several times.  I think Jill was with Carolyn Pollack.  Too bad they didn't continue that. 

@Kachina624 

Even before covid it looks like QVC's remote location spots were done away with....except for that recent local area beach show....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Lovely pictures, thanks for posting.  We had them in Reno a few weeks ago.  It was still kind of smokey.  Your pictures are lovelySmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

The balloon fiesta and righteous Mexican food are the two things I miss about living in ABQ!  Oh, & the weather!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

I caught a glimpse of the dog-faced balloon on the news last night.  Had my binoculars today and saw it inflate on the north end of the field, but it never flew.

The bees inflated around the same time but I think they stayed grounded, too.  But nice to know they're here this year! Woman Very Happy

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee    I think they must have gotten word toward the end of the inflation today that the wind was increasing so some balloons chose not to fly.  That might be why two flew into power lines.  The Red Devil got his basket singed but nobody hurt. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@just bee    I think they must have gotten word toward the end of the inflation today that the wind was increasing so some balloons chose not to fly.  That might be why two flew into power lines.  The Red Devil got his basket singed but nobody hurt. 

@Kachina624 

Yes, the wind did pick up this morning.

And I think we're up to three that ran into power lines.