Super Contributor

I would be happy with the kind deed anyone did for me.  Some people don't know a true act of kindness, because they don't do kind deeds.  Occasional Rain, you must have a charmed life if this is what you have to gripe about.  Be kind to others is my motto.  Try it!

Honored Contributor

@teachergal 

I hadn't thought about my life being charmed but it's more charmed than the lives of many others.

I was brought up to keep whatever good deeds, whatever kindness I do quiet and to be sure to recognize/thank those who are kind to me and many have been kind to me.

Trusted Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower   I was there at the time but in another part of the house so I let my sister answer the door.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@teachergal 

I hadn't thought about my life being charmed but it's more charmed than the lives of many others.

I was brought up to keep whatever good deeds, whatever kindness I do quiet and to be sure to recognize/thank those who are kind to me and many have been kind to me.

Then maybe try keeping quiet when a kindness is annoying to you. 

QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

@happycat wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

@happycat wrote:

I took garden vegetables to a new neighbor one time and she let me know right quick she didn't cook, said she didn't want the veggies, I told her it was ok, I'd take them back home. That I wanted to meet she and her dh. 

She ended up keeping the veggies. I was offended but then she needed something, and called me, and you know what? She turned out to be ok. She just wasn't in the mood to cook. 

@happycat , she really said that? I would not have left them with her. Most people would have accepted them. It's not as if you were offering her weed.  

oops hope i don't get in trouble for saying that word. Maybe she would have accepted that lol.

I can't remember her exact words, but it was rude, and yes she basically said she didn't want them. That's why I said I would take them back- then she said they'd keep them. It was about the rudest I ever had anyone be that I'd just met. 

She really did end up being alright, just different. People have gotten very odd, if anyone has wonderufl neighbors, they need to be grateful. 

@happycat  - I don't think I would have communicated with that neighbor again after she was so rude when you offered vegetables.  That would have been it for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@happycat wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

@happycat wrote:

I took garden vegetables to a new neighbor one time and she let me know right quick she didn't cook, said she didn't want the veggies, I told her it was ok, I'd take them back home. That I wanted to meet she and her dh. 

She ended up keeping the veggies. I was offended but then she needed something, and called me, and you know what? She turned out to be ok. She just wasn't in the mood to cook. 

@happycat , she really said that? I would not have left them with her. Most people would have accepted them. It's not as if you were offering her weed.  

oops hope i don't get in trouble for saying that word. Maybe she would have accepted that lol.

I can't remember her exact words, but it was rude, and yes she basically said she didn't want them. That's why I said I would take them back- then she said they'd keep them. It was about the rudest I ever had anyone be that I'd just met. 

She really did end up being alright, just different. People have gotten very odd, if anyone has wonderufl neighbors, they need to be grateful. 

@happycat  - I don't think I would have communicated with that neighbor again after she was so rude when you offered vegetables.  That would have been it for me.

Oh, I was mad, but I got over it. My dh said "never again are we going to go introduce ourselve to new neighbors", LOL. 

That didn't last long. 

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

In one way, it would be nice, but in another way, I might feel I'm not doing a good enough job maintaining my property. We really appreciated a neighbor who cleaned away a big snow drift at the end if our driveway. However, another neighbor would always bring up the garbage cans when their was no rush to bring them up.

What a sweet person to bring up your garbage cans or clean a snow drift.  Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

My DH is no longer about to bring in our garbage containers and I so love it when neighbors do it.  I try to return the favor occasionally with a gift certificate for a pedicure/manicure for the wife or a restaurant gift card for the couple.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@happycat wrote:

I took garden vegetables to a new neighbor one times and she let me know right quick she didn't cook, said she didn't want the veggies, I told her it was ok, I'd take them back home. That I wanted to meet she and her dh. 

if i did not want them i would have taken them anyways and passed them along to someone who enjoys cooking and/or enjoys vegetables. so nice that you broke the ice and got acquainted.  Smiley Happy

@sunshine45 

I am sorry but I think it is presumptuous to bring any item of food to a neighbor you do not know because they might have allergies in the case of certain vegetables or legumes, or they might not know if they had insecticides used on them, or in the case of legumes, many are allergic to them.  I think it was very kind of you but I understand her desire not to cook them.  One of my DILs does not cook and she would probably not know what they were unless my son cooked them for her and served them in which case they do not look like raw vegetables.  

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@happycat wrote:

I took garden vegetables to a new neighbor one times and she let me know right quick she didn't cook, said she didn't want the veggies, I told her it was ok, I'd take them back home. That I wanted to meet she and her dh. 

if i did not want them i would have taken them anyways and passed them along to someone who enjoys cooking and/or enjoys vegetables. so nice that you broke the ice and got acquainted.  Smiley Happy

@sunshine45 

I am sorry but I think it is presumptuous to bring any item of food to a neighbor you do not know because they might have allergies in the case of certain vegetables or legumes, or they might not know if they had insecticides used on them, or in the case of legumes, many are allergic to them.  I think it was very kind of you but I understand her desire not to cook them.  One of my DILs does not cook and she would probably not know what they were unless my son cooked them for her and served them in which case they do not look like raw vegetables.  

@Nonametoday  i did not offer vegetables to my neighbor. @happycat  did.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein