Honored Contributor

Unusual thought for the day.

[ Edited ]

This morning while listening to my favorite radio station a question was brought up. It was a fun thought and made my husband and  I think of an answer to this question.

In your life what have you always wanted to do but just can't master in any way.

The answers to this question were quite funny. Can't drive a stick car, can not swim and other answers.

I will begin by answering

I can not swim, never learned how.

I can not knit, i would have loved to learn how to knit but don't have the patience 

I can not jump on a pogo stick. I tried so many times and never mastered this either

Hula hoop was another failure of mine. Never learned how to do that right.

Ok guys just seeing what answers arrive.

l

Honored Contributor

Re: Unusual thought for the day.

[ Edited ]

I want to learn to play the drums.  I played in high school but stopped, don't remember why, I think maybe to play the violin, which I hated.

I want a big acoustic set, to sit right in the middle of my living room.  I want to play like Sheila E

But I'm afraid I'd get thrown out of the neighborhood. (maybe especially because I'll never play like Sheila E)

Cat Tongue

Honored Contributor

Play tennis competently.  I've taken lessons and every year for one of my New Year's resolutions it was to learn to play tennis.  Never have, never will!!

Honored Contributor

@viva923, I am also unable to swim. I wish I could play piano beautifully instead of poorly as I do, I also wish I could sing and dance. I am a klutz. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not very good at clothes shopping.  It just bores me. 

Respected Contributor

Great  topic!

Have many, but the 1st is:

I cannot blow a bubble with bubble gum.  Woman Mad

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

Sing.....My Mother told me just to move my mouth in church to the words...

Respected Contributor

I would love to be a good athlete...even adequate.

My family, including children and grandchildren are all exceptional athletes.  My children played their sports on the college level with scholarships and my grandchildren are headed the same way.

I have been teased for years about my obvious lack of ability.  My family would even choose me last in a "school yard pick."

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

Odd to try to untangle not being able to master and always wanted.

My first thought was a mix of never wanted what I could not master.  Obviously a rationalization.

Honored Contributor

I wish I could speak foreign languages and took classes in both high school and college but it's beyond me.

My MIL could speak five, Freddy Highmore aka The Good Doctor speaks fluent Arabic. I admire them.